Pinlock Anti-Fog Shield Inserts For Nolan Helmets
- Built-in pins on the shield along with the Pinlock® Anti-Fog Lens transforms your single shield into a dual shield that will resist fog buildup.
- Pinlock® lenses are created out of a moisture absorbing plastic. The silicone seal on the lens creates an airtight pocket between the shield and lens. Note: The lenses for the N85 and N43E Trilogy helmets do not have the silicone beading around the edge. The softer porous plastic the insert is made of is a moisture absorbing material in itself. The lens is placed between two adjustable eccentric pins, making it easy to install or switch lenses as weather conditions change.
- Choose your preferred tint and the insert that fits the model helmet shield you have (see drop down list below to view choices)
- Easily cleaned; use lukewarm water or a small amount of mild liquid soap and water and a damp non-abrasive cloth only. Allow the lens to dry naturally.
- The Pinlock® lens is made of a soft moisture absorbing material; the lens is less scratch resistant than the face shield. Wrap the lens in a soft cloth material when storing extra lenses.
Note: These inserts are for use with motorcycle helmet shields that have the connection posts for attachment. These inserts cannot be used with a shield that does not have the attachment posts.
Use the drop down menu to choose the appropriate Pinlock® insert for your model helmet. Note: the N104 helmets have two different shield sizes that correspond with the two different shell sizes (XXS through Large use one shell size and XL through XXXL use a larger shell size). Make sure you’re choosing the insert for your helmet size when selecting an insert for an N104 helmet.
Our Two Cents
These colored inserts attach to the inside of any Pinlock shield. You have to have a compatible Pinlock shield to use this product. We are only selling the inserts on this page. How it works… the lens has a bead of silicone-like material around its perimeter which seals against the clear shield and creates an air space between the two surfaces. The airspace insulates and helps prevent fogging. Note: The lenses for the N85 and N43E Trilogy helmets do not have the silicone beading around the edge. The softer porous plastic the insert is made of is a moisture absorbing material in itself. The assembly can be taken apart and cleaned easily if needed. Neat idea!
Pinlock® inserts are interchangeable; pop in the right lens to match your riding conditions. Not all colors are available for each helmet model.
The yellow lens gives you that high contrast vision, ideal in misty and rainy weather.
The clear lens is suitable in any weather and provides clear, fog-free vision.
The light smoke lens is best in sunny weather.