Shoei X-Twelve Marquez Helmet
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel testing and professional riders’ feedback
- Dual layer EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- Five shell and EPS liner sizes present increased fit options that help to comfortably fit most head sizes
- Positioning and separation from the ventilation system maximize the Aero Edge Spoiler 2 aerodynamic properties
- Impact absorbing EPS liner throughout the entire chin bar
- Air Scoop 3 intake vent is positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet interior
- Top Outlet vent is separate from the Aero Edge Spoiler 2 allowing it to be positioned for optimum flow-through ventilation
- Racing inspired Side Extractor Vents combine with the chin bar lower air intake to reduce shield fogging and increase ventilation
- The rear/neck outlets allow for effective air exhaust
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
- High performance fiber materials are combined with extremely elastic organic fibers to create a shell structure that is ultra lightweight, rigid and resilient
- The entire interior lining (cheek pads, upper liner and chin strap covers) is easily removed to allow for cleaning
- Each component of the inner liner is ergonomically designed to offer the ultimate in safety, fit and comfort
- Comfortable, Max-Dry helmet lining material quickly dissipates moisture within the helmet interior
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet, enabling the helmet to be more easily removed from the head
- Eyeglass compatible interior
- Neatly secures chin strap
- Q.R.S.A. (Quick-Release Self-Adjusting) base plate allows for tool-less shield removal and installation. The spring-loaded base plate (U.S. patent pending 11/799935) pulls the shield back to contact the window beading evenly and ensures a proper seal
- The CW-1, three-dimensionally curved shield is both wider and taller than the CX-1V it replaces
- Optional, CWF-1 two-dimensional racing shields with tear-off posts are available (this is not a part we currently carry)
- Scratch-resistant coating
- 99.9% protection from harmful UV A & B rays
- Optional CW-1 Pinlock® prepared shields are available to accommodate Pinlock® Fog Free Inserts
- A pre-set lever can easily lock the shield in place to prevent the shield from opening unexpectedly, as well as prop the shield open to increase airflow
Here is a link to Shoei’s website where you can download helmet manuals by model. You’ll find information on installing and removing shields, base plates, cheek pads, chin curtains, etc.
Please Note: We can ship Shoei products to addresses in the 50 US states only (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Check out these similar products:
Please take a look at this sizing information supplied by Shoei.
Our Two Cents
The X-Twelve Marquez helmet from Shoei is new for the fall of 2012 and is one sharp-looking piece of equipment. The build quality and construction are excellent and the paint and graphics are beautiful. With five shell sizes and EPS liner sizes, it’s easier than ever to get a perfect fit for most head shapes. As well, the liner and cheek pads are removable if you need to customize the fit. Another thing we like is the X-Twelve features red pull tabs under the cheek pads, which can be pulled to “disengage (the) cheek pads for easy removal by emergency medical personnel”, according to Shoei. This allows the helmet to be removed with less chance of damaging the downed rider’s neck, a safety innovation we’re starting to see in more high quality helmets.