Shoei RF-1200 Helmet
- Smaller, lighter yet stronger shell design; compact and aerodynamic, with attention paid towards wind noise reduction without blocking road noises
- Four shell sizes ensure a custom fit
- Dual density EPS liner accommodates more compact design without compromising ventilation flow
- Includes breath guard and chin curtain
- Superior ventilation as a result of rigorous wind tunnel testing
- Large lower three-position vent, three upper vent intakes and four uniquely positioned upper exhaust outlet vents
- Center pad components are three-dimensionally shaped to match contours of the rider’s head, allowing comfortable fit while maintaining a firm hold for high-speed riding
- 3D-shaped cheek pads available in multiple thicknesses for a custom fit
- Max-Dry System II liner material quickly absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick-Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet
- Chin curtain and breath guard included
- Shield features ribs along the top and bottom to improve rigidity and eliminate bending from wind pressure during opening and closing
- Improved window beading features dual-layered dual lip construction that ensures a windproof and waterproof seal with every closure
- Locking mechanism easily engages the shield lock when fully closed
- Pinlock® pins and lens insert included
- Spring-loaded base plates offer quick shield changes
- Five-stage rotating dial allows fine tuning the base plate for easy shield adjustments
- Neatly secures chin strap
Here is a link to Shoei’s website where you can download helmet manuals by model. You’ll find information on installing and removing shields, base plates, cheek pads, chin curtains, etc.
Please Note: We can ship Shoei products to addresses in the 50 US states only (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Read on for more details.
Please take a look at this sizing information supplied by Shoei.
Our Two Cents
New helmet designs are a lot like new car designs in my opinion. They will be an improvement over previous designs and include new things and new values, but retain the best things about older designs. And that is what we have here… the RF-1200 is the new iteration of the RF series. The fit of the shell and the sizing is basically unchanged from the previous version so if you already know you have a good fit in the RF-1100, then you can make that your starting point. The price point is very similar as is the target market, which are sport street riders who want a “premium” helmet. And what are the new key improvements? The shell shape is slightly changed to be more aerodynamic and it incorporates an improved ventilation system. Also a new key feature is an all new shield and pivot mechanism. The new shield is Pinlock ready and the new helmet actually includes the Pinlock insert (which previously was an item you had to purchase separately). And soon, there will be a new “transitions” shield available for this helmet. For those of you who don’t wear glasses and have never heard of this, it is the technology that darkens a lens in bright light and becomes clear in less light. This is a “first” to my knowledge. Other minor changes to the shield setup is a new pivot kit that simplifies shield changes and also better seals the shield against the helmet gasket. This sealing action is adjustable by the wearer too. Changes to the lining of the helmet include new emergency release cheek pads and integrated speaker pockets. Here’s an info page that describes all of the features of the RF-1200 in detail. I’m sure Shoei will enjoy continued success with this model as it has for years with the previous generation. :: Paul, 10-25-13