Shoei Hornet DS Helmet
- Designed for the adventure touring and dual sport market, the Shoei Hornet-DS® can be used in three configurations: with visor and shield, with just the shield, or with just the visor
- A wide, three dimensionally curved shield completely seals against the eyeport beading
- Lightweight AIM+ (Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus Multi Fiber) shell
- Visor includes a front air intake to channel air into top of helmet
- Shutter behind nose cover directs air flow to clear shield fogging
- Fully removable 3D interior, with five layer cheek pads that are channeled for eyeglasses
- Built-in breath guard; chin curtain included
- D.O.T. and Snell-M2005 approved
Please Note: We can ship Shoei products to addresses in the 50 US states only (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Read on for more details.
Please take a look at this sizing information supplied by Shoei.
Our Two Cents
The Hornet DS helmet from Shoei is for you dual sport adventure riders. The helmet is one of the more lightweight enduro style helmets out there and it’s very comfortable. The finish on this helmet is typical Shoei quality. Visibility is excellent with the wider eye port and you have the option of riding with the shield and visor employed, just the shield, or just the visor. The cheek pads are removable for washing or if you need to customize the fit with a different size cheek pad.