Scorpion EXO-R410 Airline Helmet
- Premium polycarbonate shell: Developed exclusively by ScorpionEXO®, our industry-leading polycarbonate shell is engineered to minimize weight and disperse impact
- Ellip-Tec™ Ratchet System: Easy, secure, tool-less faceshield changes in seconds. Pulls the shield back against the eyeport gasket during closing to ensure a proper seal.
- EverClear® No Fog Faceshield: Optically-clear shield with state-of-the art fog free technology. Anti-Scratch hardened coating. 100% UV protection
- KwikWick® 2 Liner: KwikWick® 2 anti-microbial fabric keeps you cool and dry in warm weather, warm in cool weather. Liner is easily removable and washable.
- Kwikfit™ cheekpads allow easy on and off of the most common styles of eye glasses
- Emergency Release System: Tabs located on the neck roll allow easy removal of the cheek pads by trained emergency medical personnel.
- Aero-Tuned Ventilation: Three intake ports across the front of helmet force cool air in while four exhaust vents maximize movement of hot air out. Two ports in the chin bar maximize fresh air inside.
- FaceShield Lock/Vent System: Securely locks shield in place or you can turn down the lever to allow light airflow into the helmet
- Meets or exceeds- SNELL/DOT for sizes XS-2XL (3XL DOT only)
Read on for more details.
Our customer service group tried on a selection of the R-410 helmets and we found the fit to be very similar to HJC and Shoei brands. We noted that overall we thought the fit, if anything, was just slightly more snug; so if you find yourself sometimes between sizes in a helmet, we suggest choosing the larger, otherwise choose the size you normally wear.
One other tip: This helmet has padding that seals around the neck, cheeks and chin very well and the opening is a bit more narrow than most. It helps to put the helmet on toward the back of your head first and pull it on while rolling it toward the front. This is a common technique with many racing helmets that are also a bit more narrow at the helmet’s opening.
External Links for Fit Help:
Other links of interest:
Our Two Cents
We’ve copied the feature list (and associated explanations) for the new Scorpion EXO-R410 helmet in the upper field of this page. I think Scorpion has done a great job of listing the features and explaining the usefulness of each one. My big takeaway from all this is that the helmet still meets Snell and DOT and is lighter, which is always good. In a lower priced helmet like this, they will almost universally be a polycarbonate shell, which is a bit heavier than the high-end helmets that have a fiber based material for the shell. And any weight that can be trimmed from a poly shell is a good thing. Also the attachment mechanism for the shield is improved. Not only does it pivot, but it also sucks the shield in toward the gasket around the eye opening as it approaches its home position. Finally, this helmet includes the safety feature of allowing emergency help to remove the cheek pads while the helmet is still on your head. The cheek pads are mounted on a post/slider arrangement so they will come loose when pulled down. A simple concept and I’m glad they have taken the time to include such a thing in a low priced helmet. The simple/cheap ideas are sometimes the best, right? And I also need to comment on the graphics. What a nice looking set of graphic designs! I like the new bright colors! I have a pair of Puma shoes that is a perfect match for the aqua/orange Split graphic. Too bad I can’t wear sneakers on the bike! :: Paul, 10-04-13