Scorpion EXO-500 Crude Helmet
- Polycarbonate Composite Shell – Quiet, aero-tuned design for wind-tunnel tested comfort; EPS-lined chin bar for additional protection
- AirFit® permits a rider to personalize helmet fit through air adjustable cheek pads
- SpeedView® an internal retractable sun visor that eases eye strain instantly in varying light conditions without changing face shields, plus an EverClear® coating on both sides for a fog free ride (comes with the dark smoke sun visor installed, other colors available)
- SpeedShift® quick-change shield system (patent pending): Easy, secure tool-less faceshield changes in ten seconds or less
- EverClear® no-fog faceshield: Optically-correct shield with state-of-the art fog-free technology and anti-scratch hardened coating (comes with the clear shield installed, other color shields available)
- KwikWick® moisture-wicking helmet liner and cheek pads: Breathable, easily removable and washable
- Ventilation system: front and rear vents with aero-tuned rear spoiler, create vacuum and maximize airflow through helmet
- Breath-deflector: Enhanced fog-free performance
- Sizes: XS-3XL
- ECE 22.05/DOT Certified
Read on for more details.
Other links of interest:Helmet Care and Cleaning
Our Two Cents
Here’s a great helmet from Scorpion. Not only do you get the sharp graphics that we’ve come to expect from Scorpion but some really thoughtful features. They’re all listed above in the bullet points but the one I wanted to talk about is the air adjustable cheek pads. Not everybody’s face is built alike (wouldn’t it be boring if they were?) and the ability to adjust the fit of the helmet through an easy to operate air pump system is one feature I’m really glad to see. A helmet that fits comfortably is an important component of any rider’s gear.