HJC RPHA 10 Pro Speed Machine Helmet
- SNELL & D.O.T. Approved
- Advanced P.I.M. (Premium Integrated Matrix) Construction: A matrix of Carbon Fiber, Aramid, Fiberglass and Organic Non-Woven Fabric create a remarkably strong yet extremely lightweight shell designed for superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology
- Max Air-flow Top Vent: Variable air flow is adjusted by glove-friendly dials on each intake vent
- RapidFire™ Shield Replacement System: Simple and secure shield ratchet system provides ultra-quick, tool-less removal and installation for efficient operation
- HJ-20 Optically-superior Pinlock®-prepared 2D Flat- Racing Shield: Our innovative Center one-touch open/close locking system is designed for an extremely secure seal (Pinlock® clear insert included)
- “ACS” Advanced Channeling Ventilation System: Full front to back airflow flushes heat and humidity up and out
- SilverCool Plus™ Interior: Premium soft feel with Ginkgo Extract, moisture-wicking and odor-free interior with advanced silver anti-bacterial fabric. Crown and cheek pads are fully removable and washable
Here is a link to HJC’s website where you can download helmet manuals by model. You’ll find information on installing and removing shields, base plates, cheek pads, chin curtains, etc, as well as helmet care and cleaning.
Read on for more details.
Below is a size chart provided by HJC for this product. If you need help with how to measure, or how to evaluate the fit of helmet please have a look at this guide by HJC (the size chart included in this guide is for a “generic” HJC helmet and may differ slightly from the chart below that is specific to this product).
If you have questions about how this helmet might fit as compared to other helmets in your closet, please visit this FAQ for some advice.
|Helmet Size||Hat Size||Head Measurement (inches)||Head Measurement (cm)|
|XS||6 3/4 to 6 7/8||21 1/4 to 21 5/8||54 to 55|
|Small||6 7/8 to 7||21 5/8 to 22||55 to 56|
|Medium||7 1/8 to 7 1/4||22 1/2 to 22 7/8||57 to 58|
|Large||7 1/4 to 7 3/8||22 7/8 to 23 1/4||58 to 59|
|XL||7 1/2 to 7 5/8||23 5/8 to 24||60 to 61|
|XXL||7 3/4 to 7 7/8||24 3/8 to 24 3/4||62 to 63|
Other Useful HJC Information Links:
External Links for Fit Help:
Our Two Cents
The RPHA-10 Pro helmet from HJC is a higher end, more aggressive style helmet in the RPHA (Revolutionary Performance Helmet Advantage) family of helmets. The RPHA Max is the modular for cruiser or commuting riding, the RPHA-X is the off road version. The previous HJC RPS-10 and the RPHA 10 helmets were designed for Ben Spies, a MotoGP racer, so the shape and design of the helmet is made for more aggressive riding and track use. The RPHA10 Pro continues that design philosophy. The helmet can be used in an upright seated position but functions best in the leaned forward position. Really the only difference is that HJC has gone back to their logo on the front of the helmet, rather than the stylized “R”. Just as with the RPHA 10, the Pro still has the improved vent on the chin bar, making it a little bigger and easier to operate. I would say this helmet is more of an intermediate oval shape and not quite as round as what you will find in most other HJC helmets. Since this is a helmet designed for performance at higher speeds the helmet is very aerodynamic and is made to fit snug around the jaw and the back of the neck. This makes the helmet a little difficult to get on and off at first but once it is on the helmet has a snug but comfortable fit. The shell of the helmet is made from a carbon fiber and fiberglass epoxy. This makes the helmet very durable and extremely light. The RPHA 10 Pro comes in 3 different shell sizes so you can do little cheek pad changes to adjust the fit. Each size has 2 different cheek pad sizes that will fit in the helmet. The helmet comes with the HJ-20 shield which is Pinlock ready and comes with a clear Pinlock insert in the box. The interior of the helmet is fully removable for cleaning or replacing. It is made from a super soft moisture wicking fabric that is anti-bacterial. The RPHA 10 Pro also comes with a breath deflector and a chin curtain installed on the helmet. The venting on the chin is split with some flowing up to the shield, keeping moisture from building up on the inside of the shield, and some flowing around the sides of the helmet. There are two more intake vents on the top of the helmet that have a six position closure which makes it very easy to adjust the amount of air flow into the helmet. When you remove the liner from the helmet you can see where the venting continues in the EPS liner that allows the air to flow in from the vents and channel the airflow over the top of the head and out the exhaust vents in the back of the helmet. :: Aaron, 08-4-15