HJC FG-17 Ghost Rider Helmet
- The race-ready helmet tested at Wind Tunnel Laboratory
- Advanced Fiberglass Composite Shell: Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology
- For a perfect fit, the FG-17 comes in 3 different shells: 1st shell for XS-S sizing, 2nd for M-L sizing and 3rd for XL-3XL sizing
- All sizes of cheek pads are interchangeable in all helmet sizes
- SilverCool™ Interior: Moisture-wicking and odor-free liners with advanced anti-bacterial fabric
- Crown and cheek pads are fully removable and washable
- Superior Fog Resistant Clear Pinlock® Max Vision Shield (HJ-20M): New 3D design provides 95% UV protection, anti-scratch coating and is prepared for the ultimate anti-fog Pinlock insert (sold separately)
- Innovative center shield locking mechanism for a balanced, ultra-secure seal
- RapidFire™ II Shield Replacement System: Quick, secure, tool-less removal and installation
- “ACS” Advanced Channeling Ventilation System: Full front to back airflow flushes heat and humidity up and out
- Meets or exceeds both SNELL & D.O.T. standards
Here is a link to HJC’s website where you’ll find information on installing and removing shields, base plates, cheek pads, chin curtains, etc, as well as helmet care and cleaning.
Read on for more details.
Below is a size chart provided by HJC for this product. If you need help with how to measure, or how to evaluate the fit of helmet please have a look at this guide by HJC (the size chart included in this guide is for a “generic” HJC helmet and may differ slightly from the chart below that is specific to this product).
If you have questions about how this helmet might fit as compared to other helmets in your closet, please visit this FAQ for some advice.
|Helmet Size||Hat Size||Head Measurement (inches)||Head Measurement (cm)|
|XS||6 3/4 to 6 7/8||21 1/4 to 21 5/8||54 to 55|
|Small||6 7/8 to 7||21 5/8 to 22||55 to 56|
|Medium||7 1/8 to 7 1/4||22 1/2 to 22 7/8||57 to 58|
|Large||7 1/4 to 7 3/8||22 7/8 to 23 1/4||58 to 59|
|XL||7 1/2 to 7 5/8||23 5/8 to 24||60 to 61|
Other Useful HJC Information Links:
Need help choosing the right shape and size helmet for your own noggin?
Learn about the LidPicker!