Bell Helmets RS-1 Speed Hi-Vis Helmet
- Velocity Flow Ventilation™ system with FlowAdjust™ for maximum ventilation and temperature control
- Super stable aerodynamic signature resists buffeting and lift
- Removable and washable X-Static® XT2 silver-lined anti-microbial liner
- Super lightweight Kevlar®/fiberglass composite shell
- Contour cut cheek pads for superior fit and comfort
- Padded Wind Collar to drastically reduce wind/road noise
- 3Mode Shield™ for instant on-bike shield adjustments
- ClickRelease™ for the fastest, easiest, tool-free shield swaps ever
- NutraFog II™ superior anti-fog, anti-scratch and UV protected shield
- Exclusive Magnefusion™ magnetic strap keeper (Patent Pending)
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure
- Industry-leading Five-year warranty
- DOT, Snell approved
Please Note: We can only ship Bell Helmet products to addresses in the 50 US states, US Territories and any APO/FPO addresses (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Note: Photos show optional Dark Smoke Shield; helmets ship with a clear shield.
Read on for more details.
|Size||Head (inches)||Head (cm)||Hat Size|
|XS||21 1/4 – 21 5/8||54-55cm||6 3/4 – 6 7/8|
|Small||21 5/8 – 22||55-56cm||6 7/8 – 7|
|Medium||22 1/2 – 22 3/4||57-58cm||7 1/8 – 7 1/4|
|Large||22 3/4 – 23 1/4||58-59cm||7 1/4 – 7 3/8|
|XL||23 5/8 – 24||60-61cm||7 1/2 – 7 5/8|
|XXL||24 1/2 – 24 3/4||62-63cm||7 3/4 – 7 7/8|
This sizing chart is based on information provided to us by Bell Helmets and is subject to change without notice, although we will do our very best to keep it up to date. We recommend that you measure your head by wrapping a cloth tape measure around your head about 1 inch or 2.5 cm above your eyebrows, which should be the largest portion of your head. Choose the helmet that is closest to your measured head size. If you fall between two sizes, choose the smaller of the two. You want a helmet to fit snug without being uncomfortable.
Our Two Cents
The Bell RS-1 is a higher end helmet really geared for track use but can also be used for street use. The shell is a carbon fiber, Kevlar, and fiberglass weave so you get a good strong yet lightweight helmet. It is a really aggressive helmet that is both DOT and Snell rated. Because it is a more aggressive helmet is does fit a little more snug than the other Bell helmets. The RS-1 has a vent on the chin bar that channels air up the shield to reduce fogging and push heat from the rider’s face to the top of the helmet. It also has brow vents just above the shield and two vents on the top of the helmet. The new venting system is an improvement on any other top vents Bell has done before. The lining in the helmet has channeling built in that allows air from the top vent to flow over the rider’s head and get pulled out the exhaust vents in the back of the helmet. The lining on the inside is made from a microfleece wicking antimicrobial material that pulls moisture away from the rider and prevents the helmet from getting smelly. The cheek pads and crown liner are removable and washable. :: Aaron, 7/10/14