HJC IS-Max BT Snow Helmet
- Advanced injection molded lightweight polycarbonate shell
- Single-button one handed chin bar/face shield release
- Superior fit & comfort using advanced CAD technology
- One-touch patent pending integrated SunShield
- Smoke-tinted SunShield deploys quickly & easily
- Three stage multiple positions with locking mechanism
- BlueTooth® ready with integrated recess & interior speaker cavities (Bluetooth unit sold separately)
- Available with breathguard and Dual lens or Electric shield installed right out of the box!
- QuickSlide™ tool-less HJ-17 shield replacement system
- Multiple optional faceshields & SunShields available
- “ACS” Advanced Channeling Ventilation System: full front to back airflow flushes heat & humidity up & out
- SilverCool™ removable & washable interior
- Meets or exceeds D.O.T. standards
- SunShield System ( US Patent No. 7,540,033 )
The IS-Max BT is designed to seamlessly integrate with the new ChatterBox XBi2-H Plus Bluetooth Communication System. Mounting tabs are built in to the helmet for the microphone and the ChatterBox unit, and you can internally route all of the wires for a clean look. Check out the new ChatterBox XBi2-H Plus here.
Take a look at how the ChatterBox unit installs in the helmet by clicking here
All the color choices are available with either a dual lens or electric shield; the drop down menu lists both. The helmets with the dual lens installed are shown first; scroll down to see the helmets with electric shields.
Other Useful HJC Information Links:
Our Two Cents
When I first put on the HJC IS-Max BT Sprint helmet I could not help but notice that the helmet has a more rounded shape to the crown. The snow version comes equipped with a breathguard and either a dual lens or electric shield installed right out of the box. The “IS” stands for internal sunshield which has a slider lever on the top of the helmet and is easy to find and operate with gloves on. To retract the internal shield you simply press a button on the top of the helmet and a spring loaded release retracts the shield. The “Max” in the name IS-Max indicates that it is a member of the modular family of helmets by HJC. The modular or flip-up chin bar helmets are very handy if you wear glasses or simply need to talk to a fellow rider. No need to get off the sled and take the helmet off if you just need to communicate with a passenger or fellow rider. It also makes for a quick and easy way to vent out the helmet. If you get too hot you can simply flip up the chin bar and get a nice breeze blowing through the helmet. There are two intake vents at the top of the helmet which pull air in through the top of the helmet and down through the EPS liner. The EPS liner has grooves molded into it that channel the heat up and away from the head. Now the last bit of the name, “BT”, that stands for Bluetooth. The helmet comes Bluetooth ready…now that is a bit misleading. The Bluetooth is not built into the helmet but HJC and ChatterBox got together and designed a helmet and communication system that can easily work together. The ChatterBox XBi2-H Plus Bluetooth is sold separately but is made to fit into this helmet. This is what the little door is for on the left side of the helmet. HJC also built in speaker pockets behind the cheek pads. Overall I really like the IS-Max BT. The liner and padding in the helmet is very comfortable and you just feel cool with the drop down engaged. Like you are about to jump into a jet and do battle alongside Maverick and Goose. Queue up the Top Gun theme music on your phone and sync it up to the Bluetooth and hit the road! Haha, I’m a dork, I know. :: Aaron, 3/1/13