Scorpion SGS Gloves
- Top grade, perforated and non-perforated leather upper and fourchettes (the material between the fingers)
- Kangaroo skin palm for control-feel and abrasion resistance
- Knox SPS® (Scaphoid Protection System) palm sliders
- SuperFabric® armor plated material panels provide flexible abrasion barriers
- TPU molded knuckle protection
- Hook and loop wrist closure
- Pre-curved palm and fingers for grip comfort
- Kevlar® protective internal palm patch
- Kevlar® out-stitched palm and fingers eliminate interior seam feel
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we carry, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
Personally I like the SGS gloves by Scorpion. The overall design reminds me of the quality and feel of Alpinestars with a lower price and with a fit that is more consistent with other brands we sell (Alpinestars gloves typically fit small). The use of the Superfabric material is something you typically see in higher priced gloves. Held uses the Superfabric fairly extensively. The material is lightweight and highly abrasion resistant. It is ideal for protecting smaller areas with a tight radius such as on the sides of the pinkie. Speaking of which, this glove offers the Superfabric and also a double layer of leather all up and down the outside pinkie/palm area. The palms of the hand have two prominent Knox plastic sliders for protection. These sliders are designed to encourage sliding on pavement rather than grabbing, which can lead to wrenching of the hand and arm and promotes a tumbling motion. In their insert in the gloves, they say this helps prevent Scaphoid fracture. Anyway, combine all those advanced protection features in a short cuff glove that feels good and fits well, AND for less than $80? Well, I’d say they have a winner here! :: Paul, 05-28-13
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Both these items from scorpion are great value for money. The covert jeans have great coverage for the aramid they have. However, i do wish they had a more adjustable knee armour placement. (Read more...)
The shipping was fast and the customer service was great, i received good advice on the sizing! I will definitely order again!