AGV Sport Vortex Gloves
- Short length racing style glove
- Constructed of premium cowhide leather with high tear strength and abrasion resistance
- Leather reinforced palm, thumb and outer glove area for maximum safety
- Reinforced pads on outer side of hand, little finger, base of thumb and outer wrist area
- Elastic Finger Bridge between ring and third and fourth finger
- Perforated leather panels between the fingers for maximum air flow
- High grip material is used in the key inner thumb and palm areas as well as the tips of the fingers
- Ergonomically pre-curved fingers with elastic panels for comfort and maximum performance
- Floating TPU plastic knuckle armor with shock absorbing memory foam
- TPU plastic finger armor for ultimate safety
- High tensile strength thread stitching construction
- High impact areas double stitched for maximum strength
- Single leather cuff closure for quick adjustment and fast closure
Please Note: We cannot ship AGV Sports products to Canada, Italy or Russia (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Note on Pricing: AGV lowed the MSRP on this product on 04-15-13 and therefore we can offer it cheaper, which makes it just like a closeout. The MSRP listed is the “original” MSRP.
Check out these similar products:
I found these gloves to fit a bit on the snug side, but the materials feel like they will break in well and have some give, so I’d recommend buying the size you normally wear, but if you are sometimes between sizes, I’d say the larger would be the best bet. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Vortex glove from AGV Sport is a good looking sport street glove. I like the externally stitched fingers. For me, that type of construction is more comfortable than the type where the edges of the seams are inside the finger. These gloves have a really aggressive look. If you view the side shot we took in our studio (click the “View Larger Images” link above) you can see how tall the molded protectors on the knuckles and fingers are. Sort of a futuristic Robo-Cop looking thing goin’ on. In reading through the list of features from AGV, about the only thing I’d take issue with is the comment about airflow. There is SOME perf leather between the fingers, but it is pretty close to where your fingers come together and I question just how much air flow you’d really see. I would say these gloves would be best suited for cooler to warm weather, but not hot weather. Overall, though a very nice glove. :: Paul, 05-08-12