Alpinestars GP Tech Gloves
- Developed with Alpinestars professional GP racers
- PU knuckle and finger sliders for superior impact and abrasion resistance
- Patented 3rd and 4th finger bridge protects against “finger roll” and potential seam bursting during impacts
- Strong and supple kangaroo leather palm is reinforced with Pittards digital leather and an advanced direct inject Kevlar® panel
- External seams on the fingers
- PU injected wrist panel for improved impact and abrasion resistance
- Dual wrist closures
- Perforated cuff and ventilated finger sidewalls keep the hands cool
- Top of the glove is reinforced with knit Kevlar® and features highly abrasion resistant Pittards Armor-Tan leather at critical areas
- Perforated leather top panel provides impact resistance, flexibility and improved cooling
- 3D anatomical design for a superior fit
Read on for more details.
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we carry, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help. A racing glove like this is designed to fit snugly, so if you don’t care for a tight fit, then you may want a size larger than “normal”. Or if you sometimes are between sizes, you may want to choose the larger size.
Our Two Cents
These GP Tech gloves are Alpinestars best racing gloves. The hand area includes all the features you would find on their less elaborate race glove selections, but the big difference here is the wrist protection system. Instead of a leather gauntlet, the gloves have a semi-rigid plastic gauntlet. It has a Velcro closure so you can pry it open to put the gloves on, and then when fastened it becomes a solid gauntlet armor piece. Definitely wouldn’t be all that practical for everyday street riders due to the complexity and bulkiness of the gloves, but according to Alpinestars, these are the best thing you can put on your hands for a combination of safety and feel for the controls. Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good close-ups of the glove’s closure system and other features.