Tour Master Polar-Tex 3.0 Gloves
- Goatskin leather palm and thumb construction with 3mm EVA palm pad
- 600 denier polyester upper, padded articulating hinge design and accordion stretch knuckles
- 100g 3M™ Thinsulate® Flex insulation
- 100g polyester fleece lining
- Waterproof and breathable barrier
- Leather throttle guard between the thumb and index finger
- Touchscreen compatible conductive overlays on the thumb and index finger
- Reflective piping for increased nighttime visibility
- Pre-curved fingers and palm
- Gauntlet cuff, hook and loop closures, and elasticized wrist bands
Read on for more details.
The fit of this model is consistent with the major brands we carry so choose the size you normally wear. If you have no previous experience at all with glove sizing, go here for help .
Our Two Cents
The Polar-Tex 3.0 is Tour Master’s “best” cold weather riding glove. The overall construction is polyester fabric with goatskin leather reinforcement in the palms and thumbs. The gloves are fully lined with a waterproof/breathable barrier to keep out moisture. The inside of the gloves are lined with a soft fleece-like material and they are insulated for warmth. These gloves are a little more “complex” in construction than Tour Master’s Cold-Tex glove. It has a “floating knuckle” which makes the glove more able to make a fist without any tension on the back of your hand. Also, the glove has a securing strap at the wrist to help keep the gloves on your hands in case of a fall. There is an integral bungee cord at the end of the cuff so you can seal the gloves down over your arm (or sleeve). Overall bulkiness of these gloves is “average” and about the same as with the Cold-Tex. So those features I mention are just a few bucks more.
Two new features for this 3.0 version is an extra strip of leather between the thumb and index finger called a “throttle guard” to give a bit of extra wear in that area. Also there are two little conductive tips added to the index finger and thumb so you can fiddle with your smartphone without taking off your gloves. The Polar-Tex 3.0 glove is a great all-purpose riding glove for cold weather and it has some nice features which I think you’ll like. :: Paul, 02-20-17