FirstGear Fargo Gloves - 2011
- All leather glove with full gauntlet
- Clarino™ palm with grip gel print on fingers and thumb
- Waterproof/breathable using Hipora™ membrane
- Thinsulate™ 40 gram insulation for warmth
- Bemberg® cool lining for comfort
- 1-handed elastic cord closure
- Adjustable wrist strap for a custom fit
- Reflective piping for nighttime visibility
- Box-construction with tapered fingers for a comfortable fit
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we carry, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
FirstGear lists these as “all leather” gloves, but that isn’t actually the case. The palm of the Fargo gloves is made from Clarino, which is a synthetic suede material. I would consider these gloves for cool weather and mild winter conditions. They are only lightly insulated, and the leather is fairly thin, which makes them comfortable to wear and easy on the controls of your motorcycle. The Hipora membrane should do a good job keeping your hands dry, and although they claim it is breathable, it will make your hands sweat on a warm day. The back of the hand has thin padding over the knuckles, and reflective piping for nighttime visibility. A secure wrist strap with a quick buckle adjustment makes getting the gloves off and on easy, although the loose end of the strap is free to flap around in the wind. A draw cord for the gauntlet helps keep out unwanted wind and water too. A visor wiper is built in to the left thumb to keep your vision clear on wet days. For detailed pictures of these gloves and their features, click the “View Larger Images” link above.