FirstGear Explorer Gloves - 2011
- Constructed of a combination of goat leather, Cordura 330D and nylon fabrics
- Waterproof/breathable using Hipora™ membrane
- Thinsulate™ 40 gram insulation for warmth on back
- Palm side utilizes 2 oz fiber fill for additional warmth
- Bemberg® cool liner for comfort
- 1-handed elastic cord closure
- Adjustable wrist strap for a custom fit
- Reflective piping for nighttime visibility
- Box-construction with tapered fingers for a comfortable fit
15 Percent Off Just For The Holidays! Right now prices are adjusted down to 15% off MSRP on ALL non-closeout FirstGear and Speed and Strength products through January 14th! Special pricing is in addition to Free Shipping and Loyalty Gift Cards (if applicable).
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we carry, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The FirstGear Explorer gloves are a nice, lighter weight insulated winter glove. They will be great for winters where the temperatures do not dip below freezing too often. The majority of the back of the glove is textile, while the first two fingers and knuckles do get some leather overlays. The goat leather palm is soft and flexible, and should provide a decent level of feel for the controls. A Hipora waterproof lining should do a good job keeping your hands dry in the rain, and 40grams of Thinsulate insulation is built into the back of the hand for warmth. We have taken several pictures of the Explorer gloves here in our studio, click the “View Larger Images” link above to take a look.