AGV Sport Sierra Gloves
- Full length, all weather sport glove
- Constructed of premium cowhide aniline leather for high tear strength and abrasion resistance
- Waterproof and breathable Hipora membrane
- Plush, soft and comfortable interior
- Internally insulated for warmth
- TPU plastic knuckle, finger and outside of palm armor
- High tensile strength nylon thread stitching used throughout
- Double stitched high impact or use areas
- Extra memory foam pads positioned on the base of the palm, navicular bone area in the wrist and outside of the little finger
- Pre-curved fingers for a snug and comfortable fit
- Accordion fabric-spandex panels on the fingers for the finest non-binding fit possible
- Elastic band and Velcro strap on the wrist for a snug fit
- Single cuff closure in the wrist area
Please Note: We cannot ship AGV Sports products to Canada, Italy or Russia (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
These gloves are consistent with the major American based brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, Joe Rocket, etc, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Just as an FYI, you may have previous experience with European designed brands such as Alpinestars and REV’IT! which run about one half size smaller, size-for-size, than the American brands. It is not a universally true fact, but generally holds for most styles. So if a particular size in either of those brands is roomy on you, then you may be able to go down one full size in this style.
Our Two Cents
While doing photos today, we decided we liked the looks of this glove because on the back of the hand, it looks a lot like a Batman glove. The coloring and shape of the knuckle protector against the black leather makes it look that way. So aside from knowing you’ll resemble the caped crusader, I think you’ll like this style. It is an insulated sport glove, so it will be warmer than uninsulated gloves in winter. There is also an integrated waterproof/breathable liner in the glove to keep out water. Of course an all leather glove like this shouldn’t be your choice if you are in frequent rain, but for the occasional situation, you’ll enjoy having the protection against water intrusion. Take a look at our close-up photo gallery and you’ll see that I’ve pointed out some features you’d find on sport/race gloves. I already mentioned the bat knuckle protector and then there is a very nice hard plastic slider in the palm. A slider like this will promote sliding across pavement rather than a grab/twist sort of movement if only leather was used in that area. You’ll also see extra leather on the outside of the pinkie area and various bits of padding and armor in other likely impact areas. The gauntlet is highly adjustable so you’ll be able to wear this glove over a sleeve cuff or even under a sleeve (depending on the jacket size). The insides of the gloves are soft and cushy, and even though this glove is insulated, it is more sport oriented and fits better than a lot of gloves that are more “puffy”. Now, of course I can’t tell you that this glove is in the same league as some high end gloves like those from Alpinestars or REV’IT, etc, but for the considerable savings, I think you’ll be pretty impressed with these. :: Paul, 02-11-14