Almost Free! Joe Rocket Airborne Jacket - Net Cost $4.99
- Rock Tex™ 600 outer shell
- Big Air™ ventilation system patent pending
- C.E. rated protectors in shoulders and elbows
- Removable spine pad
- Elastic sleeve adjusters
Zippers for optional Dry Tech® linerNo longer in production, although some might be found remaining in a retailer’s stock
- Sure Fit™ adjustable waistband
- Snap loops for attaching jacket to belt
- Reflective stripe
Almost Free Sale #30 Get a Joe Rocket Airborne Jacket for a net of only $4.99 ea plus shipping! Pay MSRP of $179.95 and get a $175 Gift Card (how the gift card thing works). This deal only applies to our stock on hand for a limited time.
Restrictions for this Almost Free Sale:
1) We do not allow you to purchase this product with a Gift Card issued as a result of this sale or any prior “Almost Free” sale (our cart will allow it, but we will subsequently cancel the order, so please don’t make us jump through that hoop);
2) Likewise, you cannot purchase this or any future “Almost Free” sale item(s) with the Gift Card issued as a result of this sale;
3) Orders not eligible for free shipping. Shipping charges apply to all shipments from our TX warehouse including this jacket. You may add extra merchandise, but shipping will be charged. Merchandise shipping from other locations are eligible for free shipping (if over $89).
6) Any percentage off coupons you may hold may not be applied to the purchase price of this item (although other items in your order may be discounted if not otherwise excluded by brand).
5) This sale is for our private customers/consumers. Purchases from resellers are not welcome and will be cancelled. Limit 2 per customer please.
Note: Free shipping NOT offered on shipments including this product
Read on for more details.
Have a look at Joe Rocket’s sizing chart. If you look at the size chart, you will see that the chest sizes for any give “alpha” size are generous. I measured and tried on a selection of these jackets to veryify the fit and indeed, they do run charge… I’d say one to 1’2 size large. My advice would be to measure your chest and belly and choose a jacket size that will accommodate both. For most people, this will be either the size you normally wear or one size smaller than you normally wear.
|Jacket Size||Max Chest||Max Belly/Waist|
Our Two Cents
Here is a smokin’ deal on a practical textile jacket from Joe Rocket. This was a final closeout by our distributor and we have these jackets priced for a song! Most sizes are BIG, but there are a few Smalls and Large’s too. :: Paul, 07-18-14
Our original product review: The Joe Rocket Airborne is a nice sport style jacket that should work well for every-day riders. Along with the features you would normally expect to find in a nice riding jacket, this jacket offers some very effective ways to help you adjust the climate control. This jacket has a two part closure system that effectively allows the rider to regulate the venting of the jacket without much hassle. Below the main zipper is a mesh closure system. The idea is that you can turn the solid textile jacket into a highly ventilated jacket simply by unzipping the main zipper and exposing the mesh closure underneath. In the rear of the jacket there are two large zippered exhaust vents to help eliminate the “balloon effect” caused by the air coming into the jacket from the front. To better understand the climate control features we encourage you to take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see our features pics. For protection this jacket comes with removable CE approved shoulder and elbow armor and a removable back pad. There are some side straps along with sleeve and wrist adjustments allowing you to fine-tune the fit and keep the armor securely in place.
Night reflectives: For added safety, this jacket offers a great deal of reflective material all over it (front, back, shoulder and both sleeves). Back when this jacket first came out, we didn’t take “night shots” to show off reflectives, but for this sale, we took a jacket back to the studio to add some good night shots, so that is a big feature of this jacket. You WILL be seen at night with this one! :: Paul, 08-25-14
Did you find the sizing advice and review helpful? We could become friends…