Tour Master Intake Air Series 3 Jacket For Women (Sizes XS thru Med)
- Armor-Link mesh material and 600 denier Carbolex® combine with 1680 denier ballistic polyester in the impact areas creating a well-ventilated garment that provides exceptional protection
- Comfortable, mandarin-style collar
- 360º Phoslite® reflective piping and Tour Master’s signature reflective rear triangle help increase nighttime visibility
- The microfiber lined collar and cuffs are soft yet durable
- Adjustable, elastic and snap sleeve take-up straps at the forearm and bicep help secure elbow armor and material
- Removable, CE approved armor at the elbows and shoulders with an articulated triple density back protector
- Aqua-Therm™ two-stage waterproof and insulated liner can be configured or removed to best match comfort needs
- Zippered chest map pocket, hand warmer pockets, internal pouch pocket and mobile media pocket
- Adjustable waist belts with TPR pulls help fine tune the fit
- Includes a jacket/pant zipper attachment with the pant side zipper included
Like the previous Intake Air Series 2 jacket, the fit of this newer version can be a bit tricky. This jacket offers two removable liners (a windproof shell and an insulated inner-liner), so naturally the jacket fits tighter with the liners installed. The overall fit of the jacket with the liners installed is pretty close to what you’d expect for each size, but with the liners removed, the jacket fits about one size larger.
|Jacket Size||Estimated Ladies Dress Size Range
With Liners In
|Estimated Ladies Dress Size Range
Without Liners In
My thinking is that most people will use this jacket without the liners or just with the windproof liner. The part that adds the bulk is the insulated liner and will be used least often. If you agree that you’d typically wear the jacket without the thermal liner, I’d suggest you buy accordingly (using the table above).
I realize that all this sizing advice is a bit vague. Many of our customers who are unsure about what size to order, will opt to order two sizes and return what does not work, and we are fine with that. We’d rather have returns than customers who don’t buy because a product is a tricky fit.
Our Two Cents
One of the big advances in motorcycle apparel in the last 10 years or so is the invention of the full mesh jacket. Prior to that, there weren’t many options that provided good comfort for riding in the hot summer months. A lot of people will opt to have a summer jacket and a winter jacket to cover all the possible weather conditions, but others would rather have just one jacket that covers most conditions. And if MOST of your riding is done in hot weather then Tour Master’s Intake Air 3 jacket is a good choice. Basically this jacket is much like any other full mesh jacket. The outer shell is mostly made of a loose weave mesh material which allows wind to blow right through to your skin. With the blow-through action, you get plenty of air AND you get the benefit of having the sun off your skin as well. In my opinion, the use of a full-mesh jacket is actually better than nothing at all (in the comfort department), and certainly a lot better than nothing in terms of protection in case of an accident. But in addition to the full-mesh action, this style includes two removable liners to help extend the jacket’s comfort range into cooler weather or wet weather. We found that the jacket works well with the thermal liner OR the rain liner. There are some fit issues when using both liners (read above), so I wouldn’t say the two-liner approach is completely fool proof, but it’s pretty darn good and MUCH better than what you get with most jackets. The jacket comes equipped with removable CE approved armor in the shoulders and elbows, and a removable triple-density back protector. To account for the varying fit of the jacket with the liners installed or removed the jacket comes with a good deal of adjustment. There are adjusters at the waist, mid-torso (on the sides), sleeves, and cuffs which you can use to fine tune the fit. There is a rear connection zipper in the jacket for attachment to Tour Master pants. The zipper also comes with the mating half that can be sewn into the pants of your choice. Overall, I think this jacket is a winner!
- Paul, 4-15-12
Close-up photos: The ladies color choices and our fit check pictures with Laverne and Shirley can be viewed by taking the “View Larger Images” link above. The women’s version of this jacket has the same exact features as the men’s version, so please take a look at the feature pics we took of the men’s Intake Air Series 3 jacket by clicking here. While viewing those images please notice that we’ve started including “night” pics for jackets that have reflective piping so be sure and check those out. The reflectives on this jacket really pop!*