Almost Free! FirstGear Rush Mesh Jacket
- Outer shell made of 250 denier poly mesh for complete ventilation in warm weather
- Lightweight nylon perforated inner lining for maximum airflow
- Detachable, fully-sleeved, water-resistant, windblock liner
- Protection includes CE-rated armor in the shoulders and elbows plus an EVA foam back pad
- Two exterior pockets secured with zip closures
- A Firstgear standard; inside every jacket there is a phone pocket on the left side and a map/cargo pocket on the right side. The Rush Mesh has these pockets in both the liner and the jacket. So, whether the liner is in or out, the internal pockets are in the same place
- Left side interior security pocket with red slider for easy visibility; perfect for a wallet
- Reflective panels on the front, arms and back offer nighttime visibility
- Adjustable side waist straps held secure by snaps
- Jacket-to-pant 10” full conjunction zipper fits easily through liner portal; mating half can be sewn onto your favorite pair of pants
Almost Free Sale #29 Get a FirstGear Rush Mesh Jacket for a net of only $29.95ea plus shipping! Pay MSRP of $179.95 and get a $150 Gift Card (how the gift card thing works). This deal only applies to our stock on hand for a limited time.
Restrictions for this Almost Free Sale:
1) We do not allow you to purchase this product with a Gift Card issued as a result of this sale or any prior “Almost Free” sale (our cart will allow it, but we will subsequently cancel the order, so please don’t make us jump through that hoop);
2) Likewise, you cannot purchase this or any future “Almost Free” sale item(s) with the Gift Card issued as a result of this sale;
3) Orders not eligible for free shipping. Shipping charges apply to all shipments from our TX warehouse including this jacket. You may add extra merchandise, but shipping will be charged. Merchandise shipping from other locations are eligible for free shipping (if over $89).
4) Any percentage off coupons you may hold may not be applied to the purchase price of this item (although other items in your order may be discounted if not otherwise excluded by brand).
5) This sale is for our private customers/consumers. Purchases from resellers are not welcome and will be cancelled. Limit 2 per customer please.
Note: Free shipping NOT offered on shipments including this product
Read on for more details.
We measured a size run of these jacket and found them to fit consistently with FirstGear’s sizing chart (see below).... no surprises. My advice would be to choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing. The overall fit is somewhat relaxed, so if you are between sizes, choose the smaller.
FirstGear’s Sizing Chart for this style:
Tall sizes: FirstGear offers this jacket in talls, which provides a rarely found option for tall people. The body and sleeves of the jackets are 1 1/2 to 2 inches taller than the “standard” cut jackets. If you normally have to buy “talls” then these should work for you.
Our Two Cents
Having a dedicated jacket for hot weather use is a luxury for some because it typically means buying two or more jackets to cover all the bases (unless you live in Phoenix or similar). We’ve been selling this Rush Mesh style for a couple years now and I’m pleased to be able to offer this mesh style on closeout for a very low price. Now just about anybody can afford a comfortable hot weather jacket. And there is no shortage of quality either. FirstGear makes good products and they stand behind them. And all the closeouts carry the same manufacturer’s warranty as non-closeouts.
The entire shell of this jacket is constructed of flow through mesh material so you’ll get the most flow possible out of a protective jacket. I find that wearing a full mesh jacket like this will also help protect from sunburn and windburn. This jacket also has a removable windproof/waterproof full sleeve liner. When things cool off a bit, you can install the liner to widen the comfort temperature range. And with a layer underneath you could wear this jacket down to cool temperatures.
FirstGear makes gear for street riders and touring riders, so they always include a generous number of pockets for convenience. This jacket has the usual front hand warmer pockets. There is a zippered breast pocket for your wallet and then on the inside there is a dedicated phone pocket and another larger pocket on the other side for other things. And the liner has the identical pockets so you’ll have those either way.
For protection there is CE approved armor in the shoulders and the elbows, as well as a foam back pad, all of which is removable. All three colors include a generous amount of reflective material in stripes on the chest, sleeves, and back of the shoulders. This was a great jacket at its non-closeout price, but as a closeout, I really think you’ll be pleased you bought a full mesh jacket. :: Paul, 07-15-14
Did you find the sizing advice and review helpful? Help us keep’em coming!
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Purchased this jacket to wear over my work attire when commuting to work. Jacket is outstanding on hot days even with a long sleeve shirt underneath. I'm 5'6" tall, 175 pounds with a 36" waist and the fit is great.
This mesh jacket allows for great airflow with the liner out in hot weather otherwise it is too hot! The quality of jacket is what I expect from FirstGear, which has always been my first choice! The style of the jacket is also very nice! (Read more...)