Teknic Lightning One Piece Race Suit
- Racer cut; anatomical pre-curved arms and legs
- Torso stretch system for better fit and maneuverability
- Top quality cowhide outer shell construction; 1.2 to 1.4 mm thickness for abrasion and tear resistance
- Full frontal perforations allowing maximum air flow
- TASC (TeknicÂ® Advanced Seam Construction); rows of hidden stitching providing maximum seam strength
- KnoxÂ® CE approved KFP1 armor in shoulders, elbows and knees
- KnoxÂ® CE approved TP2 back armor
- Advanced elbow pocket secures elbow armor into the outer shell
- Knee stretch panel allows better knee movement
- Safety wrap system for seat/chest/legs: a seamless chest and leg side construction
- Safety wrap seat lined with second layer of leather
- Full motion arm system, a panel of stretch Cordura that extends from the cuff to the chest of the suit with no seams
- Teknic full motion leg system, a 1pc stretch Cordura panel from the crotch to the calf
- Calf leather expansion panel for improved calf fit; perforated for breathability
- Comfort collar system, a 1pc neoprene collar
- Standard Teknic style knee sliders
- Genuine YKKÂ® Japanese zippers throughout for better zipper life and burst strength
- Silver Airtex lining is antibacterial and non allergenic
Check out these similar products:
The overall fit of this suit is similar to other top brands of one piece suits. You can use Teknic’s size chart to choose a size based upon your chest and belly measurements. The heights listed for the smaller size ranges are about right for maximum heights, but I’d say you’d need to be 1” to 2” shorter than the height listed in the larger size suits (46 and up).
Our Two Cents
Teknic is changing distributors and we were able to buy this group of current year model Lightning 1pc suits at a great price. The Teknic Lightning offers sharp styling and sturdy construction. It’s made of heavy cowhide-solid leather is used in crash areas such as elbows, knees and seat, but perforated leather is used on the entire front of the suit to help keep you comfortable in warm weather. This suit offers CE approved armor pieces from Knox—a leader in the motorcycle armor business. The armor is a hybrid design offering energy absorbing dense foam with a hard plastic shell securely sewn on top. It feels very robust. The back pad is a notch above what you normally get with a suit too. It’s a Knox design that uses energy absorbing foam, very much like FirstGear’s Core Comp type armor in appearance and construction (except it’s a back pad of course :). All the zippers in the suit are steel and should provide good service. Judging from the looks, the fit and the armor included, I think this should be considered a “best buy” in one piece suits since the price is very reasonable.
Note on yellow color: The “Silver/Yellow/Black” choice in this suit should have been called “Silver/Optic Yellow/Black” since the yellow leather pieces are the colors of a tennis ball rather than standard yellow. Unfortunately yellow colors drive a digital camera absolutely crazy, so the “optic yellow” may appear more like standard yellow in our pictures.