Vemar Eclipse Helmet (Just a Few Left)
- Engineered and manufactured in Italy to the motorcyclist specific EC standard while also meeting the USA’s DOT standard
- Exterior shell is aerodynamically shaped for ease of cutting through the air with less buffeting and wind noise, thus lessening the stress on the rider’s neck muscles after a long ride
- Three sizes of outer shells cover the eight helmet sizes for the ultimate in a light weight yet proportional fit
- The Eclipse features a mid oval shell shape which offers a more generous fit front to back and more snug fit ear to ear
- The exterior shell is constructed of a lightweight yet incredibly strong carbon fiber/aramidic/fiberglass blend
- The Eclipse features a double density high impact inner EPS shell
- Padded chin strap with double D-ring closure system
- Removable and washable ultra plush non-deformable high density expanded polyurethane cheek pads
- Inner liner and cheek pads are manufactured from a technical fiber that provides life-long treatment against odor, fungus and bacteria, and extraordinary wicking capabilities that result in enhanced rider comfort
- Removable and washable wrap around chin curtain for the ultimate in comfort and noise reduction
- The cheek pads are designed to perfectly follow the shape of the riders face and are molded from a proprietary material that has more memory than the foam used by the competitors, and consequently they are able to maintain their shape longer
- An anti-fog, non-scratch 2.2mm thick clear shield is included; these are quick-release shields
- A fabric mesh is in the chin vent for insect protection
- Features the exclusive “Vemar Klima” adjustable full ventilation system with four intake vents on the top of the shell and two large exhaust vents in the rear
- Every Vemar helmet comes with a high quality helmet bag and a detailed user guide
Please Note: We cannot ship Vemar products to Canada or Italy (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Our distributor has told us these helmets run one size small. See link below for some fit advice.
We have a few helmets in XXS or XS which are HEAVILY discounted (because of the limited market). Consider these for youth helmets.
Our Two Cents
Here’s an exclusive from MotorcycleGear.com; we bought the remaining inventory of these helmets and are offering them at a fantastic price. I’ll have to admit, we’ve not previously carried Vemar, but we took these closeout helmets as a “package” including other great products. So not being “in the know” with Vemar, we are lucky to have our friend Rick at Webbikeworld. He did an extensive review of this helmet. He also has some helpful comments about fit. The Eclipse models have gone through several small changes in the recent past and there is one thing Rick mentions in his review that is now different; this version of helmet has a quick-releasing shield as opposed to a bolt on shield.
Age of these helmets: The manufacturing date of these helmets is June of 2009. Some people think a helmet is good only for 5 years from its manufacturing date, but other argue that the clock starts with retail sale (because the helmets remain unworn and don’t deteriorate over time when not in use). Here is a good link of a discussion on the topic. Ultimately each consumer must decide for themselves, but we thought it was important to make you aware.