Vemar Eclipse Carbon Fiber Helmet
- The Eclipse carbon fiber helmet is made of three separate pieces of carbon fiber laminate unlike Vemar’s lower priced competitors which use a patchwork of 11+ pieces to construct their carbon helmets. Quality has its price…
- A medium Eclipse carbon fiber helmet weighs only 1410 grams or 3.1 pounds! • Engineered and manufactured in Italy to the motorcyclist specific ECE 22.05 standard while also meeting the USA’s DOT standard.
- Five (5) year warranty from manufacturing date, which equates to the full usable life of the helmet.
- Exterior shell is aerodynamically shaped for ease of cutting through the air with less buffeting and wind noise, thus lessening the stress on the rider’s neck muscles after a long ride.
- Reworked outer shell sizing cover the five helmet sizes for the ultimate in a consistent, accurate, light weight yet proportional fit.
- The Eclipse features a mid oval shell shape which offers a more generous fit front to back and more snug fit ear to ear.
- The exterior shell is constructed of a lightweight yet incredibly strong carbon fiber – aramidic – fiberglass blend.
- The Eclipse features a double density high impact inner EPS shell.
- Padded chin strap with double D-ring closure system.
- The cheek pads are designed to perfectly follow the shape of the riders face and are molded from a proprietary material that has more memory then the foam used by the competitors, and consequently they are able to maintain their shape longer.
- Inner liner and cheek pads are manufactured from a technical fiber that provides life-long treatment against odor, fungus and bacteria, and extraordinary wicking capabilities that result in enhanced rider comfort.
- Removable and washable wrap around chin curtain for the ultimate in comfort and noise reduction.
- Superbly detailed, high pixel count, multi color and affect graphics.
- A quick release anti-fog, non-scratch 2.2mm thick clear shield is standard.
- An extra anti-fog, non-scratch 2.2mm thick clear shield is provided with each Eclipse helmet.
- A fabric mesh is in the chin vent for insect protection.
- Features the exclusive “Vemar Klima” adjustable full ventilation system with four intake vents on the top of the shell and two large exhaust vents in the rear.
- Every Vemar helmet comes with a high quality helmet bag and a detailed user guide.
We have been selling the 2012 model Eclipse in several graphics since about December 2013. We’ve been advising people, based upon our own in-house fit test to buy the size they normally wear, and the return rate given that advice is quite low. We judge the head shape is “slightly narrow”. On this page at WebBikeWorld, you can see an explanation of head shape and see a list of helmets that are also in the “slighly narrow” head shape category (and others that are not!). What a terrific resource this is! Thanks to Rick and company.
There is scant advice on sizing of the newer (2012) version of the Eclipse helmet online, and because we never carried the newer Eclipse as a non-closeout, we don’t have a depth of knowledge about fit either. We did a “fit test” here in the office and each of us chose the size we normally wear in most brands and the fit was fine (in fact, quite comfortable), so our advice based on our limited experience would be to choose the size you normally wear.
Our Two Cents
What an extraordinary look! Just a few manufacturers make a full carbon fiber shell helmet and typically they are expensive and in limited production. We bought this group of helmets as a closeout recently and we now have all the remaining US inventory in our TX warehouse. Please use the drop down menu for current availability. :: Paul, 06-30-14
Here is a link to a recently published review of this helmet which is very complimentary. At this closeout price, it should sound even better to you! :: Paul, 10-30-14
Note on the Pinlock shield: The visor is Pinlock “ready” but we aren’t able to source the Pinlock insert for the helmet and there is not one included. You’ll have to scrounge on up somewhere else if you want one of those.