Vemar CKQI Scooter Helmet (XL in Pink)
- Engineered in Italy to the motorcyclist specific EC standard
- DOT and EC certified
- The CKQI features a mid oval shell shape which offers a more generous fit front to back and more snug fit ear to ear
- The CKQI is a very comfortable fitting helmet for riders who like to ride for long distances; the internal liner fits the rider without any kind of pressure points
- The exterior shell is constructed of ultra light thermoplastic material
- Exterior shell is aerodynamically shaped for ease of cutting through the air with less buffeting and wind noise, thus lessening the stress on the rider’s neck muscles after a long ride
- Two sizes of outer shells cover the 6 helmet sizes for the ultimate in a light weight yet proportional fit
- An anti-fog, non-scratch 2.2mm thick-quick release-graduated tint to clear fighter pilot styled shield is standard
- A sleek 50% or “smoke” tint interior shield can be moved into position at the rider’s discretion via an easy to access lever on the exterior left side of the helmet
- The CKQI features a double density high impact inner shell
- Removable and washable ultra plush non-deformable high density expanded polyurethane cheek pads
- Removable and washable ultra plush inner liner is manufactured from a technical fiber that provides life-long treatment against odor, fungus and bacteria, and extraordinary wicking capabilities that result in enhanced rider comfort
- Padded chin strap with a micro adjustable closure buckle for fantastic comfort, easy operation and maximum safety
- Features the exclusive “Vemar Klima” adjustable full ventilation system
- Includes chin bar which can be easily installed
- Inner sun shield is non-replaceable
- Every Vemar helmet comes with a high quality helmet bag and a detailed user guide
Here is a chart provided by Vemar for this helmet. We tried on these helmets and it is our opinion that the helmets run just slightly large. If you are squarely within a size range, then choose that size, but if you are between sizes, choose the smaller.
To measure, begin by wrapping a cloth tape measure around your head about 1 inch or 2.5 cm above your eyebrows, which should be the largest portion of your head.
|Size||Head (inches)||Head (cm)|
|XXS||19 1/4 to 19 3/4||51 to 52cm|
|XS||20 3/4 to 21 1/4||53 to 54cm|
|Small||21 5/8 to 22||55 to 56cm|
|Medium||22 1/2 to 22 3/4||57 to 58cm|
|Large||23 1/4 to 23 1/2||59 to 60cm|
|XL||24 to 24 3/8||61 to 62cm|
|XXL||24 7/8 to 25 1/8||63 to 64cm|
Our Two Cents
This group of helmets came to us as part of a much larger group of closeouts. Here is a review of the CKQI helmet at Webbikeworld, which is very comprehensive.
We sold a group of these helmets about six months back and had really good luck with customer satisfaction, so these should be no different. Get one while you can because we bought all the remaining US inventory, and there will be no more.
Age of these helmets: The manufacturing date of these helmets is March of 2009. Some people think a helmet is good only for 5 years from its manufacturing date, but other argue that the clock starts with retail sale (because the helmets remain unworn and don’t deteriorate over time when not in use). Here is a good link of a discussion on the topic. Ultimately each consumer must decide for themselves, but we thought it was important to make you aware. Specifically, here is the age by size/color: