Shoei RF-1100 Chroma Helmet
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel and professional riders’ feedback
- Dual Layer EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- Five shell and six EPS liner sizes present increased fit options that help to comfortably fit most head sizes
- A third generation Tail Fin, integrated into the bottom rear beading in combination with the Shell-Integrated Spoiler, allows smooth airflow that reduces drag and lift
- Upper Air Intake Vent is positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet interior
- Top outlet vent is separate from the Shell-Integrated Spoiler, allowing it to be positioned for optimum flow-through ventilation
- Four rear outlet vents allow for adjustment of airflow based on riding position
- Enlarged lower air intake/defroster vent reduces shield fogging and increases ventilation
- The rear/neck outlets allow for effective air exhaust
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
- High performance fiber materials are combined with extremely elastic organic fibers to create a shell structure that is ultra lightweight, rigid and resilient
- The entire interior lining (cheek pads, crown liner and chin strap covers) is easily removed to allow cleaning
- Each component of the inner liner is ergonomically designed to offer the ultimate in safety, fit and comfort
- Eyeglass compatible interior
- Neatly secures chin strap
- Q.R.S.A. (Quick-Release Self-Adjusting) base plate allows for tool-less shield removal and installation. The spring-loaded base plate (U.S. patent pending 11/799935) pulls the shield back to contact the window beading evenly and ensures a proper seal
- The CW-1, three-dimensionally curved shield is both wider and taller than the CX-1V it replaces
- Optional, CWF-1 two-dimensional racing shields with tear-off posts are available (this is not a part we currently carry)
- Scratch-resistant coating
- 99.9% protection from harmful UV A & B rays
- Optional, CW-1 Pinlock® prepared shields are available to accommodate Pinlock® Fog Free Inserts
- A pre-set lever can easily lock the shield in place to prevent the shield from opening unexpectedly, as well as prop the shield open to increase airflow
Here is a link to Shoei’s website where you can download helmet manuals by model. You’ll find information on installing and removing shields, base plates, cheek pads, chin curtains, etc.
Please Note: We can ship Shoei products to addresses in the 50 US states only (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Check out these similar products:
Please take a look at this sizing information supplied by Shoei.
Our Two Cents
The RF-1100 Chroma helmet from Shoei has aggressive lines with a made-for-speed look. There is a greater degree of visibility with this helmet; the CW-1 shield is both taller and wider than the CX-IV it replaces. The variable ventilation system has three intake and six exhaust vents, allowing riders to adjust the airflow to whatever condition they’re riding in while keeping noise to a minimum. Shoei makes high quality helmets; this one is no exception. The graphics on the Chroma are sharp and the finish is well done.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
I bought this RF-1100 Chroma on a bit of Whim after trying on the new 1200. Motorcycle Gear got it here fast (3 days) and it was everything I hoped it could be! The helmet itself is very light and comfortable. (Read more...)