Scorpion Recruit Jacket (Large, XL and XXL)
- Constructed of durable 1.2 – 1.4mm top grain leather
- Removable Everheat™ full-sleeve thermal liner
- CE approved ventilated armor at elbows and shoulders
- Back protector compartment with P.E. foam pad included
- Adjustable zippered ventilation; 2 front vents and 2 back vents
- Dual hand warmer/storage pockets
- Additional inner storage pocket
- NightViz(t) reflective trim on back for improved night-time visibility
- Lightweight perforated lining for maximum air flow
- Belt loop for pant attachment
- Dual Velcro® waist adjustment straps
The sizing on this jacket is comparable to other “alpha” sized jackets and is also in line with men’s clothing sizes, so choose the size you normally wear in jackets and shirts. If you want to double check sizing using a tape measure, refer to the chart below. Don’t be concerned that the belly dimensions are much bigger than your measurement—this is part of the “relaxed” styling. There are Velcro waist adjustment belts to cinch down the waist another 2” if necessary.
|Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
The Scorpion Recruit jacket is a very nice, top quality leather motorcycle jacket with a style that will work for just about anyone. The Recruit has a relaxed fit which is very comfortable, and should work well with a variety of body types. There are Velcro waist adjustment belts which can take up to 2 inches out of the waist if necessary. Although the top grain leather is thick and heavy, it’s not too stiff and should break in very nicely. In addition to the 1.2-1.4mm top grain cowhide, you also get the protection of CE approved armor at the shoulders and elbows, as well as a foam back pad. For climate control, there is an Everheat thermal liner which should do a great job keeping you warm through the winter. Once things warm up, remove the liner and open the large front and rear torso vents to get the air flowing. The inside of the jacket is lined with a nylon mesh material which keeps it quite comfortable. For storage there are two hand warmer pockets, and on the inside a zippered document pocket and a cargo pocket as well. There are some subtle embossed Scorpion logos on the upper sleeves and back, and a small logo on the left of the chest. Some reflective piping has been used at the back of the shoulders for some night-time visibility. We have taken several pictures of the Recruit jacket in our studio, so be sure to click the “View Larger Images” link above.