Nolan N104 Action Helmet
- Injected polycarbonate GE Lexan shell is lightweight and aerodynamic and features a built-in spoiler for improved stability
- 2 shell engineering allows Nolan to offer sizes from 2XS to 3XL (XXS to L in small shell; XL to XXXL in large shell) to keep the weight and volume of the helmet proportionate to the size of the rider
- Ultra large, optically correct visor to cover the incredibly wide and tall eye-port; it can be changed easily thanks to the simple push-button release mechanism, offers UV400 protection and accepts the Pinlock® insert (included). Clear face shield and clear Pinlock insert come standard in each N104 helmet.
- Pinlock® anti-fog insert with silicone-seal mounts in a recess inside the clear shield to keep the rider fog-free
- VPS (Vision Protection system): internal scratch-resistant and fog-resistant sunshield is lowered by a slider and retracted instantly by a button on the lower trim of the helmet. Dark Smoke VPS sunshield comes standard in each N104 helmet.
- Pivoting chinbar with stainless steel latching mechanism and patented elliptical trajectory to bring the chinbar closer to the helmet, to reduce the resistance to the wind when riding with the helmet open
- Dual action Centromatic® release system (pull the tab on the underside of the chinbar, then squeeze together with the front tab) for increased safety
- New Airbooster® system: from the front air intakes to the exhaust vents in the back, it channels the air through tubes to disperse it efficiently along the crown of the helmet
- The forehead vents can be opened independently from the top vents to customize the air flow in the helmet
- Chinbar vents are operated by a centrally located slider
- Fully removable and washable four-piece Clima-Comfort® padding is wicking, breathable and treated with natural silver salt to be antibacterial and antifungal; it is designed to accommodate eyeglasses
- Separate neck roll can be removed during the summer
- Reflective panels on the neck roll and the chin curtain improve visibility at night for safety
- New smaller/lighter Microlock (adjustable quick release) retention system
- Velour chin-strap padding
- Ready for N-Com B4, the easiest to install all-in-one BlueTooth® communication system (sold separately)
- Meets or exceeds D.O.T. standards (in Europe ECE-2205)
The N104 helmets are designed to seamlessly integrate with the N-Com B4 Bluetooth Communication System. Installation is seamless and simple taking only a few minutes thanks to the new design configuration. The electronics and slim battery fit like a cartridge behind the lower trim at the rear of the helmet. Check out the N-Com B4 here.
Check out these similar products:
Use the following size chart as a guide in choosing the correct helmet size. Wrap a cloth measuring tape around your head just above your eyebrows. Pull the tape comfortably snug and read the length. Please note that sizing information is provided by the manufacturer and does not guarantee a perfect fit.
|Helmet Size||Inches||Centimeters||Hat Size|
|XXS||20 1/8 – 20 1/2||51 – 52||6 3/8 – 6 1/2|
|XS||20 7/8 – 21 1/4||53 – 54||6 5/8 – 6 3/4|
|Small||21 5/8 – 22||55 – 56||6 7/8 – 7|
|Medium||22 7/16 – 22 13/16||57 – 58||7 1/8 – 7 1/4|
|Large||23 1/4 – 23 5/8||59 – 60||7 3/8 – 7 1/2|
|XL||24 – 24 3/8||61 – 62||7 5/8 – 7 3/4|
|XXL||24 13/16 – 25 3/16||63 – 64||7 7/8 – 8|
|XXXL||25 9/16 – 26||65 – 66||8 1/8 – 8 1/4|
Our Two Cents
The N104 helmet by Nolan is a favorite for all types of street riders… particularly those who tour. The “modular” or flip-up-chin design is so handy for in-town use. You can stop and converse with other people without taking off your helmet every time. And those that wear glasses like them too (as long as they don’t interfere with the internal sun visor that is…). The N104 has a sharp design with many improvements over previous offerings: lighter weight, improved ventilation, a larger eye port and a Pinlock shield. It also has a new feature whereby the chin bar can be locked in the up position. It’s not intended to be used that way while riding, but when stopped, it can be a handy thing to keep the chin bar from flopping down unexpectedly when you are just getting to the punch line while relating your latest joke. Be sure and take the “View Larger Images” link above” to see some good close-up pictures of the helmet with captions which will give you a good look at the features. These images are all of the solid platinum silver color N104 helmet; features are identical across the N104 model lineup. :: Paul, 08-16-12
Here’s a review from Chris, one of the excellent customer service guys in our office: The Nolan N104 helmet is a well-constructed, high-end modular helmet. One thing that we found that was rather unique with this helmet is the latching mechanism. Instead of pushing a button, you pull the release tab away from the chin and push the two bars together. This makes for a safer, and sturdier method for raising the chin bar. The locking mechanism is also made out of metal, so that should give it some durability (plus, it has a locking mechanism when the chin bar is up). The N104 has a chin vent for venting the face shield. There is a vent above the brow as well as on the top of the head; moreover, there are two rear exhaust vents. This should create great ventilation to keep your head relatively cool while riding. The N104 comes with a dark smoke drop-down visor and a free pinlock insert is thrown into the box as well! A chin curtain is also included with the helmet. The N104 doesn’t use the D-Ring method for the strap, instead opting for a quick-release style. Speaking of safety, this helmet is DOT certified, but not SNELL approved. The cheek pads and crown pad are also removable (as well as washable). The only problem that I had with the N104 would be when removing it from my head. This helmet has a neutral to narrow shape to it and I’m more comfortable in a neutral to round shape helmet. Once the helmet was on it felt very comfortable, but when it was time to take it off I experienced some slight pain around my ears. This is due to the fact that the helmet has a slightly narrow head shape. I would also like to note that there seems to be less chin room in this helmet compared to other modular helmets; however, the N104 does seem to open up more at the forehead. I found that because of the more narrow shape of this helmet that I had to go one size up from what I normally wear but a rider with a more narrow shape head will find it to fit as expected. All in all, it’s a fantastic helmet. :: Chris, 10-1-12
Our friends at Webbikeworld have done an extensive review of this helmet, which you can view here.