FirstGear TPG Basegear Short Sleeve Top - 2010
- Moisture transport system wicks the sweat from your body keeping you cool and dry
- Basegear’s heat-release mechanism keeps your skin surface as cool as possible to help maintain core body temperature (increases in core body temperature can cause muscle fatigue and slow reaction time)
- Fabric is 50% lighter than a cotton T-shirt after 60 minutes of exercise
- It releases 80% if its moisture after 30 minutes of rest, while cotton only releases 35% of its moisture after 30 minutes of rest
- All seams flat-stitched for added comfort under layering system
- UV 50+ protection from sun elements, helps control body temperature to reduce fatigue
- Anti-bacterial protection
Check out these similar products:
FirstGear’s Basegear is sold in alpha sizes. Select a size based on what you normally wear in men’s clothing. You can check your chest and belly to make sure you are choosing a large enough size. The material only stretches a little bit, so make sure the size is big enough to accommodate both.
|Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
Here is a deal you’ll only find at MotorcycleGear.com! Firstgear originally introduced Basegear in 2010. And then In early 2012, they revised the material used in the apparel ever-so slightly. We’ve looked at both versions side-by-side and the difference in look and feel is almost imperceptible. In fact, FirstGear didn’t even find it necessary to develop new product photographs for the updated version. But, for whatever reason, they chose to assign new part numbers to differentiate between the old and new. In our store, we are calling the original version “2010” and the revised version “2012”. The good news is that we were able to buy all the 2010 product and we are offering it to you at a closeout price. Take advantage of the savings while this inventory remains. My product review: Basegear is essentially underwear that is designed to keep you dry, cool and protect you from chafing. The material used in the Basegear is a soft nylon material similar to common athletic apparel. It’s just a little bit stretchy and very comfortable. The fit is similar to normal tee shirts (not the skin tight muscle styles). This type of gear is specifically designed to be comfortable in warm to hot weather under motorcycle riding gear. But it is pretty sharp and I’m sure you could find other non-motorcycle uses for it too!
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
The Base gear shirt was great on a hot humid ride to WV nice fit and helped keep the moisture off my skin. The gloves are for my wife and she loves them nice finger movement and not overly balky but yet warm. The pants didn't fit me so I used the... (Read more...)
This shirt is 100% polyester, but is still pretty comfortable. The size chart is accurate. I've only worn it on in 80F+ temps, but it does seem to flow air well. No regrets buying this item.