FirstGear Scout Jacket - 2010 for Women
- Premium, heavy-weight 1.2–1.3 mm leather
- Kwik-Dry™ water-resistance limits water absorption to 30% and dries quickly; untreated leather can absorb up to 300% of its own weight in water and take a long time to dry out
- Unzip the 2 front ports to reveal perforated leather that lets air into the jacket to circulate around the body and exit the rear exhaust vents
- Need more air? Sleeve cuffs have 2-way zippers to regulate air through the mesh gussets
- Concealed under the front pockets is the Cargo Storage System™. Multiple compartments make it easy to carry all the necessities of the road. Also included is a metal clip on a bungee lanyard for keys. Additional outside storage is provided by two front side pockets
- Powerstretch panels on the side and behind the arms provide freedom of movement and a flexible fit
- Reflective panels in the front and back for nighttime visibility
- Protection includes CE-rated armor in the shoulders and elbows plus an EVA foam back pad
- Fully-sleeved, snap-out THERMOLINER™ reflects body heat inward and permits humidity to escape providing maximum warmth with minimal bulk
- THERMONECK™ extends up the neck and chin and stows back into the jacket when not in use. Lined with soft-to-the-touch fleece, it does a great job of keeping the cold at bay
- A Firstgear standard; inside every jacket there is a phone pocket on the left side and a map/cargo pocket on the right side. The Scout has these pockets in both the liner and the jacket. So, whether the liner is in or out, the internal pockets are in the same place
- Additional internal storage is located just inside the left placket, chest high. Perfect for a wallet!
- For comfort, the collar is finished with a soft, smooth padded tipping
Check out these similar products:
We measured the Women’s 2010 Scout Jacket in a selection of sizes and found them to run about half a size large. If you are right between sizes, choose the smaller of the two.
These jackets are sold in “alpha” sizes. FirstGear offers sizing information for this product which is very typical for any brand jacket as follows:
Our Two Cents
We bought all the remaining US inventory in this closeout group. When the inventory is gone, there will be no more. Here are our previous product comments: The 2010 Scout Jacket from FirstGear is a quality, thick leather jacket which is built to last. This is backed by FirstGear’s 10 year limited warranty, which should give you an idea of what they think of their product! Looking at the jacket in person it is very substantial, thick leather, with heavy duty snaps and zippers, and quality stitching throughout. The thickness of the leather means it is a little stiff when brand new, but it should break in nicely after a bit of use. While most leather motorcycle jackets have more of a sport cut, this jacket is a bit more relaxed and has features that a commuter or touring rider would appreciate, such as the numerous pockets, including two handwarmer pockets and two very large cargo pockets on the chest. The cargo pockets have storage pouches sewn inside so you can stay organized. The interior pockets include a zippered document pocket and a cell phone pocket on the left, and a cargo/map pocket on the right. One nice feature of FirstGear jackets is they have the same interior pockets built into the removable liner as well as the shell of the jacket, so whether the liner is in or out, your pockets are in the same places. About that liner: for colder weather the insulated liner installs with snaps, rather than a zipper, and Velcro holds the sleeves in the right place. The liner isn’t especially thick, but the shell of the jacket is and together they should keep you quite warm. Another nice feature of the Scout is the THERMONECK system. It’s basically a fleece lined neck wrap which Velcros to the liner and extends up and out of the collar of the jacket. This is a very nice feature for cold weather riding as an exposed neck can be quite painful. When it warms up you can removed the liner and open two sleeve vents, two rear exit vents, and two vertical chest vents. The zippers for the chest vents on this jacket actually double as the pocket openings, but there is Velcro as well which will hold the contents of the pockets in place while the vents are open. For protection there is CE approved armor in the shoulders and elbows, as well as a foam back pad. You can view some good pictures of this jacket and its features by taking the “View Larger Pictures” link above.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
I ordered a firstgear scout ladies leather jacket. the fit is great and it matches my husbands coat. the service was great and shipping was really fast. (Read more...)