FirstGear Navigator Gloves - 2011 (One Left: Size Small)
- Goat skin palm and back; lighter and more flexible than cowhide
- Gel padded palm patch with silicone grip design
- Faceshield wiper blade on left thumb
- Waterproof/breathable using Hipora™ membrane
- Bemberg® cool lining for comfort
- Palm side Thermolite® insulation for warmth
- Adjustable wrist strap for a custom fit
- Reflective piping for nighttime visibility
- Box-construction with tapered fingers for a comfortable fit
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we carry, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The FirstGear Navigator gloves are a good choice for those who want winter gloves without much bulk. Admittedly, these are best suited for milder winter climates and would not do so well in extreme cold, but the thin insulation will yield a better feel for the controls. The Navigator gloves have a Hipora lining to keep your hands dry, and a built in visor wiper to keep your vision clear when you encounter wet weather. These gloves are constructed of a very soft goatskin leather. The palm is padded and also has a silicone pattern for extra grip. Aside from the first two fingers, the back of these gloves do not have any padding for protection, although there is some reflective material for nighttime visibility. The Navigator gloves secure to the hand with a Velcro wrist strap, and the gauntlet has an expansion zipper to help with fit over bulky jacket sleeves. We have taken several pictures of the Navigator gloves in our studio, so be sure to click the “View Larger Images” link above.