FirstGear Kilimanjaro Gloves - 2011 (Small and Med)
- Waterproof/breathable using Hipora™ membrane
- Pittards® WR100X leather palm
- Thinsulate™ 40 gram insulation for warmth
- Bemberg® cool lining for comfort
- Cordura® 330D gauntlet for durability
- Faceshield wiper blade on left thumb
- Full gauntlet with internal storm cuff to keep out the elements
- Adjustable wrist strap for a custom fit
- Reflective piping for nighttime visibility
- Box-construction with tapered fingers for a comfortable fit
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we carry, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
If you’re looking for a waterproof cold weather glove that isn’t too bulky, you might really like the Kilimanjaro gloves. The 40 gram Thinsulate™ insulation does not feel restrictive, and should do a decent job down to cooler temps. I would not consider these gloves for very cold weather, as there isn’t enough insulation and wind protection to be effective when it is very cold. For milder climates though these would make great winter gloves. The Hipora™ membrane should do a good job keeping your hands dry, and a draw cord in the gauntlet prevents unwanted wind and water from entering at the back of the gloves. Pittards® leather is used in the palm, which is soft and flexible and is also water resistant. A visor wiper is built into the left thumb, which is a nice feature if you get caught out in the rain. Protection is fairly minimal on these gloves. The palm and back of the hand is fairly thin leather, without much padding at all. There are some small carbon fiber pieces in the fingers, but I would consider those to be more for looks than anything. We have taken a few pictures of the Kilimanjaro gloves here in our studio. If you’d like to see those, simply click the “View Larger Images” link above.