FirstGear HT Overpants - 2011 (Just a Few Sizes Left)
- Includes a removable, zip-out liner that is a stand-alone pant
- Overpant is sized to fit over your clothes; simply buy the size you normally wear
- Hypertex™ waterproof/breathable 600 denier polyester outer shell
- Adjustable CE armor in the knees
- Padded hip protectors
- Articulated knee and seat for maximum riding comfort
- 2 front thigh air intake vents with YKK rubberized zippers to keep moisture out
- 2 front pass-through pocket openings for gaining access to internal pockets with hook-and-loop closure
- Right thigh patch pocket with YKK rubberized zipper closure for your stuff
- 2/3 length side zip for easy on/off; protected by exterior double storm flap to keep out the elements
- Internal storm cuff with silicone grip and elasticized for a snug fit to keep moisture from traveling up pant leg
- Adjustable side waist tabs for a custom fit
- Heat-resistant material on inner calf
- 10” conjunction zipper for jacket connection
- A stand-alone pant that can be worn as a destination pant
- Made of water-resistant taffeta
- 2/3 length side zip for easy on/off
- Adjustable waist using hook-and-loop tab
- Articulated knee and seat for maximum comfort
- Insulated from the cold with 2-ounce fiberfill
- Easily connect to the outer pant by a full circumference waist zipper and leg snaps
These pants are made to be worn over street clothes and the sizing of the waist includes enough room to go over clothing, so you’ll want to buy the same size pants you normally wear. Beware that some men’s jeans are “vanity sized” so when in doubt use a tape around your waist to get an accurate measurement. Measure just above your jeans waist, just under the navel. If you are between sizes, choose larger because these pants have waist adjustment tabs that adjust DOWN from the stated waist size. These pants are offered in regular, short and tall versions, so you can consult the chart to pick the best inseam.
If you have a bit of a belly, you’ll want to put a tape around your waist to check your size. Measure a little higher up than where your jeans ride… just below the navel. Motorcycle pants like this ride higher on the waist and you have to make sure the pants will be comfortable and most people with a bit of a belly will be a bit larger higher on the waist as compared to where regular fit jeans ride.
|Size||Regular Inseam Length||Tall Inseam Length||Short Inseam Length|
|34||31 3/4”||34”||29 1/2”|
|38||32 1/4”||35 1/2”||30 1/2”|
|40||32 1/2”||36”||30 1/2”|
Our Two Cents
Wow, FirstGear has really outdone themselves with the HT Textile Overpants for 2011. The HT Overpants have consistently been some of our best sellers for textile pants over the years, and for good reason. The combination of a simple design, useful features, and comfort has made them one of our favorites. For 2011, FirstGear has made some exciting improvements. The HT Overpants are made from a 600 denier, waterproof yet breathable fabric, with zippered thigh vents for warm weather use. For cooler weather, there is a removable insulated liner which functions as a standalone pant as well. This is a very useful feature for touring riders who have limited luggage space, since you can use your pants liner as pants too. The liner features its own set of pockets and an adjustable waist. At the lower leg of the overpant, you’ll find melt resistant material as well as a storm gaiter that seals around your boots to keep moisture out. For protection, another major improvement has been made: CE approved armor for the knees and foam hip pads which are both positionable within the pant for a perfect fit. The storage on these pants is very clever too. You get a cargo thigh pocket with a Velcro closure, but what is really interesting is the two zippered front “pockets.” What appears to be two front pockets are actually zippered access to the inner pockets of the liner (or your jeans, if you aren’t using the liner). This is great for those who commute since you don’t have to transfer your belongings from your street clothes to your riding pants and back again. A 2/3 length leg zipper is found in both the liner and the pants, and should make these nice and easy to get on and off over your boots. There is a zipper connection for compatible riding jackets as well. We have taken quite a few pictures of the HT Overpants here in our studio, so be sure to click the “View Larger Images” link above to take a closer look.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
My new riding pants arrived today. As usual great shipping speed. I used the size chart and a 38 short was the right fit for me. (Read more...)
Purchased the HT's to wear as pants, NOT overpants. My weight is 170 pounds, 5'6" tall, 36" waist ... these pants fit perfectly when worn as pants.