FirstGear Explorer Gloves - 2011 (Size Small)
- Constructed of a combination of goat leather, Cordura 330D and nylon fabrics
- Waterproof/breathable using Hipora™ membrane
- Thinsulate™ 40 gram insulation for warmth on back
- Palm side utilizes 2 oz fiber fill for additional warmth
- Bemberg® cool liner for comfort
- 1-handed elastic cord closure
- Adjustable wrist strap for a custom fit
- Reflective piping for nighttime visibility
- Box-construction with tapered fingers for a comfortable fit
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we carry, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
Wow, here’s a great closeout deal on a nice pair of winter gloves which are waterproof and have light insulation. Grab a pair while they are still in stock! :: Paul, 08-01-14
Product Review: The FirstGear Explorer gloves are a nice, lighter weight insulated winter glove. They will be great for winters where the temperatures do not dip below freezing too often. The majority of the back of the glove is textile, while the first two fingers and knuckles do get some leather overlays. The goat leather palm is soft and flexible, and should provide a decent level of feel for the controls. A Hipora waterproof lining should do a good job keeping your hands dry in the rain, and 40grams of Thinsulate insulation is built into the back of the hand for warmth. We have taken several pictures of the Explorer gloves here in our studio, click the “View Larger Images” link above to take a look.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
First gear explorer gloves are good for moderately cold weather and short rides in the rain. I rode for about 2 hours in the rain and they soaked through and got real cold. Schampa fleece fairer is comfy and has kept me warm. (Read more...)
Firstgear gloves fit great--got a pair for both me and my wife. Feel like great Spring/Fall weight gloves. Price was right.