FirstGear Jaunt Jacket - 2010 (Just a Few Left)
- Outer shell made of HYPERTEX™ waterproof and breathable, high-density, 600 denier polyester for abrasion resistance. It keeps the rain out, but allows humidity to escape
- Protection includes CE-rated armor in the shoulders and elbows plus an EVA foam back pad; shoulders and elbows reinforced with a second layer of outer fabric
- The main front, 2-way YKK® zipper is shielded from rain by a double storm flap with rain gutter, held in place by hook-and-loop closures and spring snaps. On the placket inside the storm flap is a security pocket with a red slider for visibility–get to your stuff without unzipping the jacket!
- Warm weather can be held to a minimum by using two front 8” intake plus two 10” back exhaust vents; all four vents close using YKK® waterproof zippers. Front vents can be held open by folding the cover inward to hook-and-loop closure
- For cooler weather, the detachable, insulated, fully-sleeved liner will help retain body warmth
- Exterior storage provided by four generous patch pockets with envelope fold, hook-and-loop and snap closures with large, easy-grab tabs
- Make adjustments for a personal fit by using the adjustable straps on the collar, arms, sleeve cuffs and waist; all held secure with hook-and-loop. The collar tab tucks back inward easily when not in use. For comfort, the collar is finished with a soft, smooth padded tipping
- Reflective panels on the front, side arms and back offer nighttime visibility
- A Firstgear standard; inside every jacket there is a phone pocket on the left side and a map/cargo pocket on the right side. The Jaunt has these pockets in both the liner and the jacket. So, whether the liner is in or out, the internal pockets are in the same place
These jackets are sold in “alpha” sizes. FirstGear offers sizing information for this product which is very typical for any brand jacket as follows:
But, we found them to consistently run large both in fit and the sizing information that is given by FirstGear. Our model in this picture would normally wear a medium and this medium jacket was large overall. We recommend that you buy your jacket one size smaller than you would normally wear.
Tall sizes: FirstGear offers this jacket in talls, which provides a rarely found option for tall people. The body and sleeves of the jackets are 1 1/2 to 2 inches taller than the “standard” cut jackets. If you normally have to buy “talls” then these should work for you.
Our Two Cents
The 2010 Jaunt Textile Jacket from FirstGear is a good touring or commuting jacket that won’t break the bank. Plenty of storage including four large cargo pockets in front, and a full complement of interior pockets as well. One nice feature of all FirstGear jackets: they replicate the interior pockets in the jacket shell and in the liner, so whether the liner is in or out, the pockets are in the same places. The exterior pockets of this jacket are not zippered, so they may not be quite as weatherproof as other FirstGear jackets, but they are still lined with the Hypertex barrier and should do okay unless it’s really coming down hard. The Jaunt jacket comes with a fully sleeved insulated liner, and has a storm flap over the main zipper as well. These features should work well in cold weather. There is also a Hypertex™ rain liner which is built in to keep you dry. When it warms up, there are two shoulder vents and two rear exit vents which can be opened for airflow. There are Velcro adjustments on the waist and upper arms which can be tightened to reduce flapping and drag, as well as Velcro sleeve closures to seal out the elements. There are reflective stripes across the front and back of the shoulders, as well as on the upper arms. CE approved armor is included for the elbows and shoulders, as well as a foam back pad, all of which is removable. To take a look at good closeups of all these features, take the “View Larger Pictures” link above.