Cortech Cortech Latigo Pants
- Constructed with a combination of perforated and non- perforated top grain drum dyed leather (1.2-1.4 mm)
- CE approved knee armor and soft hip armor
- Triple and double stitched with high strength, bonded nylon thread
- Accordion style expansion panels at knees and waist for increased flexibility and a performance fit
- Heavy duty, 600 denier stretch nylon panels in the inseam and calves for ease of movement
- Pre-curved knees for comfort and performance in the riding position
- Mesh lining throughout enhances air circulation and comfort
- Features a full-circumference and 8 inch pant to jacket attachment zipper with the jacket sides included
Check out these similar products:
The waist in these pants is made of stretchy material which gives some flexibility, but we did find them to be pretty snug, so if in doubt order the next size up. The Velcro belt will let you tighten up about an inch and a half out of the waist, but not loosen up any. Below is the sizing chart as provided by Cortech:
|Pant Size||Waist Size|
Inseam on these pants is approximately 31” (a bit less on the smaller sizes and a bit longer on the bigger sizes). A sport pant like this is designed to only reach to the ankle, so they will fit comfortably on a person who wears around a 33” inseam. Since they are tucked inside boots, the inseam isn’t super critical, but the pants won’t fit those with longer-than-average legs because the armor won’t be in the right position.
Our Two Cents
We scored a great closeout deal on these Cortech Latigo pants. Sport leather pants are not always at the top of a sport rider’s “essential” list but certainly land on many people’s “want” list, so when they go on sale like this, it’s a great time to get a pair.
These pants have both a full circumference zipper and a short rear zipper for attachment to compatible Cortech and Tour Master jackets (see my tips below about adapting these pants for use with Cortech or other jackets). They also include the mating half of the zippers, which helps if you plan to adapt the pants to a non-Cortech jacket. Putting a zipper into a jacket is generally no big deal for a tailor when you already have the correct zipper for them to install.
These pants are made with a combination of perforated and non-perforated leather, as well as stretchy fabric from the crotch down to the back of the knees and the calves. There are also accordion style expansion panels at the back of the waist and above the knees. This should allow for good freedom of movement as well as comfort in mild to warm climates (no leather pants are comfortable in really hot weather). They are perforated on the front, while the sides and rear are solid leather.
There are Velcro panels on the knees for the attachment of knee sliders (not included), as well as lower leg zippers to help get your foot through. These pants also have an expansion zipper on the lower leg. For protection there is soft foam armor at the hips and tailbone, as well as non-removable C.E. approved armor in the knees. The pants are triple and double stitched so they should hold up well if introduced to the pavement. Take a look at our photo gallery for more detailed views of these pants and their features.
The leather used in these pants is a flat black so the look overall is a bit more subdued than most other sport leather pants with the shiny finish. Overall a great deal at this closeout price. :: Paul, 10-06-15
Adapting for Use with Other Jacket Brands: We bought a large closeout group of these pants and I know people will want to know if these pants can be used with their jacket. Here are some tips about that:
1) REV’IT! jackets and AGV jackets that have short rear zippers should be directly compatible with the short rear zipper on these pants. Both the short and full-around zippers on Cortech and Tour Master jackets (if so equipped) will be compatible also.
2) The pants come with the mating half of both the short rear zipper and the full around zipper, so if your jacket already has a zipper built in for connection to pants, it would be a simple matter to get a tailor to sew in the zipper that comes with these pants in place of (or even in addition to) the zipper in your jacket.
3) Suspenders are an easy way to wear sport pants like this with any jacket. Clip on suspenders can be easily attached to the mating zipper on these pants without damaging the waist band, and suspenders are SUPER comfortable to use on a bike.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
These pants are great. They are more cut for an "American" build instead of some of the other manufacturers assuming guys have chicken legs. I would highly recommend these.