Alpinestars SP-1 Jacket
- 1.2-1.4mm full-grain leather for excellent abrasion resistance
- Perforated leather panels for increased cooling
- Multiple-stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance
- Removable CE certified soft protectors
- Ergonomically placed stretch Kevlar® panels for optimal flexibility
- Velcro® waist adjustment straps
- Leather flex zones
- Waist connection zipper allows attachment to selected Alpinestars leather and textile pants
- MotoGP profile, ventilated sport hump for improved aerodynamic and ventilation performance
- Soft neoprene comfort cuff and collar construction
- Chest pad compartments with PE protection (Alpinestars Bionic chest guards available as accessory upgrade)
- YKK Semi Auto Lock zippers
- Removable thermal vest liner
- Multi-paneled lining construction
- Die cut ventilation
- Die-cut 3D front chest logo
- Back protector compartment with PE padding (CE certified RC back protector available as accessory)
Check out these similar products:
This product is sold in European sizes. You can choose a European size based upon your US chest size using Alpinestars’ sizing chart. And for those who may have a bit of a belly, we encourage you to consider our estimated max belly sizes listed below. Choose a jacket size that will accommodate both your chest and your belly. Keep in mind that this is a highly fitted jacket, so choosing a size based upon these recommendations will result in a snug fit which should be comfortable while sitting, but may be restrictive while standing and walking. Those who don’t like a snug fit should either consider another style or buy one size larger than recommended.
|Euro Size||Max Chest Size (inches)||Max Belly Size (inches)|
Our Two Cents
I like the overall looks of the SP-1 leather jacket. This is a nicely made high quality jacket, and the raised padding in the lower torso adds to the styling. There is a good amount of stretchable material around the underarms and there are some stretch leather panels behind each shoulder (and a small panel at the waist). These two features help you reach forward to the handlebars with more ease of motion. This is not an uncommon feature in this style jacket, but the added material and attention to these features makes this jacket a little more comfortable than some other high-end leather jackets that have such a snug sport cut. For protection, the jacket comes with CE turtle shell type armor in the shoulders and elbows and a foam back pad (CE upgrade back pad available below). There is also some removable padding in the torso of the jacket to provide some added protection to your chest (see upgraded Bionic Chest pads below for something more robust). The jacket offers an aerodynamic speed hump between the shoulders in the back. This speed hump, like others, offers some aerodynamics and provides some added support for your helmet in the event of a crash (like a linebacker’s “cowboy collar”). The hump is about half the size of a full size hump found on race suits, which most street riders would welcome. The hump also is designed to provide some additional air to flow through it and onto your back for a nice cooling effect. The front torso of the jacket is fully perforated, so this jacket will be comfortable in warmer weather and it also comes with a removable thermal liner to help cut the airflow in cooler weather and to provide some insulation against the cold. A full-circumference zipper allows you to attach this jacket to compatible leather pants. When attached to leather pants you would have a nice two piece track suit. Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see a good set of close-up photos of this jacket and its features.
Note about the perforated torso: The factory pictures don’t show the perforated leather very well, but if you view the shots we took in our offices, you can see the perforations in the leather.