Alpinestars Scout Waterproof Boots
- PU coated leather construction for durability and abrasion resistance
- Inner boot membrane is 100% waterproof
- Outer and inner ankle protection from innovative, double-injected TPU section with different Durameter (hardness) values and thickness to allow protection and flexibility all in one section
- Internal shin reinforcement layered under the leather
- Mesh liner for comfort and breathability
- Removable PE padded footbed provides shock absorption and impact protection
- Stitched sole has a unique rubber compound for exceptional grip and durability
- Hook-and-loop top flap for adjustable closure
- Three-buckle closure system with micro-adjustable memory system
- CE certified
Check out these similar products:
These boots are sold in US men’s sizes, so you can choose the size you normally wear in street shoes/boots. I would say these are a standard width (“D” width) boot. The side buckles have a wide range of adjustability, which should work for most anybody.
Our Two Cents
This is one tough pair of boots! These things look like they are ready for any conditions and any kind of riding, especially the adventurous type. A full waterproof membrane is incorporated in the construction of these boots, which should keep your feet dry in all but the deepest of water crossings (deepest I dare attempt, anyway). The Scout boots also have reinforced areas in the toe box, at the heel, and for the ankles and shins. Alpinestars has used an innovative way of keeping these boots flexible, too. The ankle protectors that are injected into these boots vary in density, so it’s hard where it needs to be, and softer where flex is important. The cam buckle system in these boots is easy to operate and adjust, and provides for a nice, snug fit. The top portion of the boots are secured with Velcro. The soles of the Scout boots are a nice, grippy rubber with a lugged pattern that should provide excellent grip in off road conditions. The footbed of these boots is also padded to reduce vibrations through the pegs and provide another layer of impact protection. Check out the photos we took of these boots by clicking the “View Larger Pictures” link above.
Did you find the sizing advice and review helpful? We could become friends…