Alpinestars Royal Drystar Jacket
- Urban/sport riding waterproof jacket design
- Nylon outer shell with PU back coating construction for strength and abrasion resistance (black and gray version)
- 600 D sublimated polyester outer shell with PU back coating construction (camo version)
- Alpinestars exclusive Drystar® waterproof and breathable internal lining construction
- Waist connection zippers allow attachment to selected Alpinestars leather and textile pants
- External double vertical chest pockets for easy access
- Zipper operated waist and shoulder pockets
- Zipper operated chest and back ventilation openings for cooling
- Sport fit with pre-curved sleeves for riding comfort
- Chest pad compartments with PE protection (Alpinestars Bionic chest guards available as accessory upgrade)
- Full sleeve, removable, water and wind resistant liner
- Velcro® and textile waist adjustment
- Removable CE certified soft protectors in elbows and shoulders
- Embroidered logos
- Back protector compartment with PE padding (CE certified RC back protector available as accessory)
Check out these similar products:
You’ll find our normal sizing information for Alpinestars jackets below. But we found this style to fit a bit tight as compared to their other jackets. It’s mostly because the thermal liner is a full sleeve design and is pretty thick, so the net effect is to make the jacket feel snug. If you are between sizes, then certainly pick the larger, and if you like a looser fit in clothing you will want to pick a size larger than the chart would indicate.
Normal Alpinestars Sizing Advice: If you want to measure yourself to help pick a size, have a look at Alpinestars’ sizing chart. And for those who may have a bit of a belly, we encourage you to consider our estimated max belly sizes listed below. Choose a jacket size that will accommodate both your chest and your belly.
|Alpha Size||Max Chest Size (inches)||Max Belly Size (inches)|
Our Two Cents
The Royal Drystar jacket is a heavy duty cold/rainy weather jacket that will work great for touring and/or commuting. This jacket will stand up to the elements and offers a lot of storage space including a total of five exterior pockets and additional internal storage (handy on long rides when storage space is always an issue). The removable full-sleeve insulated liner along with the jacket’s internal waterproof lining is a combination that will keep you warm down to very low temperatures. The jacket also has a high collar that will allow you to cut down on exposed skin during those cold rides. For added waterproofing, the main zipper is covered by overlapping Velcro-close flaps that should prevent leaking. And although the jacket has some zippered venting, consider this one for cold to mild weather only. The zippered vents allow air flow through the shell, but the integral waterproof liner prevents air flow all the way to your skin. The wrist closures, sleeves and waist of this jacket are all adjustable making it easy to get a proper fit. For crash protection this jacket comes with removable CE approved shoulder and elbow armor and foam chest and back padding. For additional protection the chest and back padding can be upgraded to the optional CE approved back protector and Bionic chest pads (see link below). There is a full circumference pants connection zipper in the rear of the jacket that can be used with compatible Alpinestars pants. Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good closeups of this jacket and its features.