Alpinestars Matrix Kevlar Jacket
- Designed to take on the city streets in style, Alpinestars Matrix Kevlar Jacket incorporates CE certified protectors and Kevlar reinforcements in a design that reveals a streetwise attitude
- Constructed from cotton based fabric with a double PU coating that combines a soft feel with weather resistance and durability
- Inner Kevlar® elbow and shoulder reinforcements for abrasion resistance in key impact areas
- Adjustable CE certified Bio Armor protectors in the elbows and shoulders are extremely lightweight and offer exceptional impact protection; the protectors can also be removed for casual use
- Convenient internal Napoleon pocket with zipper
Check out these similar products:
Hmmm…. well sizing is a bit of a problem in this jacket. We ordered a size large for our photo shoot and the fit was very snug (our model usually is very comfortable in a large). You’d expect a bomber style like this to be somewhat loose and casual, but it has a more “European cut” so the chest, arms, etc are all cut close to the body. If I thought we’d sell a lot of this jacket, we’d order in a full size run and check them all out, but frankly, I doubt this will be a best seller. The best advice I can give based on what we have seen is that you will probably want to order one size bigger than normal to get a fit that you’d expect from a style like this. If you prefer a very snug fit, then order the size you normally wear.
Our Two Cents
Some riders want the protection of a textile motorcycle jacket, but they want something that doesn’t look like a motorcycle jacket. Here it is….the Matrix Kevlar Textile Jacket from Alpinestars is water-resistant, has the protection features of Kevlar for abrasion resistance and lightweight Bio Armor protectors in the elbows and shoulders. The material used is heavy duty, but a little softer than the traditional nylon on most motorcycle jackets and that is because the material is “based on cotton”. Not sure what they mean by that, but I’ll confirm, it does have a bit of a cotton feel. With the greenish color and all, it feels like what you’d expect if you handled a genuine military duffel bag. There are standard armor pieces in the shoulders and elbows and a nice mesh nylon interior. We took some close-up photos of the jacket, so take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see more.