Alpinestars GP Plus Perforated Jacket - 2012
- 1.3mm full grain leather construction
- Extended perforated panels on the torso and arms ensure generous air flow when riding
- Integrated Aramidic stretch panels around the armpit allow full range of movement for superior comfort and fit while riding
- Longitudinal Aramidic stretch panels along the arm further enhance fit
- Removable and adjustable CE certified Bio Armor protectors in the elbows and shoulders
- External TPR shoulder protectors offer additional shock protection in a critical impact area
- Chest and back pad compartments with PE comfort padding (CE-certified Nucleon inserts sold separately)
- Snap connection system to integrate CE level 2 certified Bionic Race Back Protector
- Inner mesh lining with stretch panel inserts that work with outer stretch zones for improved flexibility and precise fit
- TPR neck flap with Velcro closure
- Internal waist connection zipper allows attachment to selected Alpinestars leather and textile pants
Check out these similar products:
This product is sold in European sizes. You can choose a European size based upon your US chest size using our Alpinestars Sizing Charts page, but in simple terms, the European size will be 10 points more than your US chest size (suit coat size).
This jacket is a street-cut style and therefore has an “average” sport-cut fit. The max belly for any given size will be about 16 points lower than the European size. For example, the max belly for a 56 Euro/46 US jacket will be about 40 inches. So if you have a bit of a belly it’s best to consider that before choosing a jacket size.
Based on the size charts, we chose a size 52 for Huey and a 56 for Dewey. The fit is snug, but appropriate for a jacket style like this. You can see how those jackets fit by taking the “View Larger Images” link above.
Our Two Cents
Leather is considered THE BEST material for abrasion protection in a jacket or pants, but let’s face it…. leather riding apparel is HOT. The Alpinestars 2012 GP Plus Perforated leather jacket will allow you the full protection along with comfort when the temps rise. A good portion of the torso and arms of this jacket are made with perforated leather which will allow a lot of air flow at higher speeds. The liner in this jacket is a full mesh material, so air will have a direct path through to your skin. The jacket has CE protectors in the elbows and shoulders and foam padding in the chest and back (which can be upgraded with Nucleon inserts, see below). The overall cut of this jacket is definitely sport, but not extreme, so it will be comfortable to wear for every day use. I found the fit to be noticeably more relaxed than their more “racy” jackets. The 1.3mm full grain leather is soft and flexible, and should get even better with break in time. Zipper and Velcro sleeve closures as well as Velcro waist adjustment belts provide a custom fit, while a soft collar lining keeps you comfortable. Stretch panels are located behind the elbows, also the underarms and inner arms are finished with a stretch material that promotes mobility. For storage there are two zippered hand warmer pockets, an internal document pocket, and two internal cargo pockets. Lastly, a pants connection zipper is included for attaching the jacket to select Alpinestars pants. The mating half of the zipper is also included, so if you want to have that installed on to some pants that you already own you can do that as well. We have taken several photos of this jacket here in our studio, so be sure to click the “View Larger Images” link above to check them out.