Alpinestars Blacktop Shoes - 2012 (One left: 7.5 but fits like a 6.5)
- Microfiber upper with mesh fabric inserts
- Dual density lateral and medial ankle cups
- Extra protection provided by a padded stripe that wraps around the back of the ankle
- Internal toe and heel counter
- Midsole contours to the foot and features a structured high modulus shank reinforcement
- Removable anatomic foot bed constructed from multi-density EVA foam
- Alpinestars’ exclusive vulcanized rubber compound sole featuring a unique side wrapping design
- Lace closure system
- Reflective piping around the upper for improved night-time visibility
Alpinestars “fashion” footwear runs small as compared to their boots. We’ve been told the fit is similar to a Nike, which in most people’s experience requires them to buy one half or one full size larger than they do in normal street shoes.
Our Two Cents
The Blacktop shoes from Alpinestars are more or less a high top sneaker with some motorcycle specific styling. They aren’t particularly protective, so I couldn’t really recommend them as protective equipment on a bike, but if they suit your purposes then great, we’ll be glad to sell you a pair. The combination of leather, microfiber and mesh is sharp and the protector over the toe is a nice touch. There is also generous reflective piping on the top of the shoe (the white piping you see in the pictures).