Alpinestars SP-1 Gloves - 2010
- Strong, supple leather main chassis and palm
- Palm and outer edge of the hand are reinforced with Clarino panels
- Perforated cuff, leather top panel and finger sidewalls keep the hand cool
- Molded carbon fiber knuckle and finger sliders provide impact and abrasion resistance
- Anatomical pre-curved fingers
- Thumb, fingers, top of hand and wrist are padded for impact protection
- Accordion flex paneling on the first three fingers, outer thumb circumference and top of wrist
- Triple adjusting wrist closure with stretch Lycra® expansion panel for easy glove entry
- TPR Astars logo on top of wrist, TPR SP-1 logo on wrist closure tab
Check out these similar products:
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we carry, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The new SP-1 Gloves for 2010 are a nicely styled, nicely priced full gauntlet leather glove. Alpinestars included just the right amount of features with these gloves that should suit the needs of anyone from track day racers to street sport riders. The SP-1 gloves feature a carbon fiber knuckle protector which looks really nice, as well as padded sections for the back of the hand and fingers, and the base of the thumb. The gauntlet is also padded – these gloves look like they’d hold up well if they ever met the pavement. These gloves are a little tight to get on and off, and will require a little break in time, but you will end up with a very comfortable glove that will not easily come off in a crash. Double gauntlet Velcro closures and a secure wrist strap mean these are staying put. The fingers are pre-curved and have accordion style stretch panels at the mid-point. There is a large stretch panel area at the base of the thumb as well. The palms of these gloves are leather with Clarino overlays. Clarino feels like a soft suede and will help improve grip. Be sure to check out our larger pictures of these gloves by clicking the link above.