AGV Sport Palomar Two Piece Suit (One Left: Blue 44)
- Jacket and pant can be separated via a 360 degree zipper and may be worn separately
- 1.2mm (body) to 1.4mm (impact areas) premium leather construction for optimum protection, durability and comfort
- Full mesh liner, top and bottom
- CE approved knee, shoulder and elbow protectors
- 10mm thick memory foam back protector
- Extra padding is also provided via padded panels throughout the suit
- Zip open air vents are positioned on front and rear of the jacket
- Perforated armpit area
- Moisture wicking neoprene in the collar and a portion of each cuff for maximum rider comfort
- Aerodynamic and protective back hump
- Pre-curved arms for a perfect look, fit and for maximum riding comfort
- Reflective piping around the back hump for safety
- Multiple stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance
- World famous YKK zippers
- Extra long zipper pulls are used on all zippers
- Two front hand warmer pockets (these are vents on some suits, see note below)
- One zippered inner pocket
- Teramid Kevlar fabric is used in the crotch and down to the knee as well as under and down the arms for maximum comfort
- Pleated leather panels are used in multiple locations for the finest non-binding fit possible
- Equipped with replaceable knee pucks
Please Note: We cannot ship AGV Sports products to Canada, Italy or Russia (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Below is AGV’s chart for race suits. We checked the suits against the chart and they measured out as the chart indicates. But if you’ll notice the chest sizes listed are smaller than the actual measured chest which means the suits run small as compared to their stated size. Just use the chart to select a size based upon your chest and/or waist. And in doing that, you’ll be buying a suit about one size larger than you would buy in a men’s suit coat or other chest-sized product.
|Size||Chest (in)||Waist (in)||Sleeve (in)||Inseam (in)|
Our Two Cents
Two piece suits have a number of advantages over one piece designs. Probably the most obvious advantage is that you get a separate pant and jacket combo that can be worn together or alone. This is great for those who need a set of track leathers and could also use a leather jacket for the street. Also if you use the suit and jacket together on the street, you can always pull off the jacket while you’re stopped. Two piece suits are also easier to get on and off – I often need the help of a buddy to get out of a one piece. For protection the Palomar comes with CE approved armor in the shoulders, elbows and knees (all of this is removable). The knee armor is positionable which is a very nice feature for that custom fit. Knee sliders are also included, and there is an aerodynamic back hump too. The back hump not only improves airflow at speed, it also creates a bridge between the back and the helmet in a crash, preventing the neck from being wrenched forward. Stretch panels are found at the lower back, above the knee, behind the elbows, under the arms, and at the sides of the jacket for comfort. In addition, Teramid Kevlar fabric is used at the inner arms and crotch, which really helps to cut down on excess material bunching up at the joints. The Palomar suit jacket does have some zippered vents at the shoulders and sides, as well as perforations under the arms. This won’t provide a ton of airflow, but some is better than nothing. An inner mesh liner keeps things comfortable, but unfortunately, it isn’t removable for washing. The main jacket zipper and the pants connection zipper in the Palomar suit are both large nylon zippers, the pants zipper goes 3/4 around the circumference of the waist.
Note on close up images: In mid-2013, the Black/Silver color in this suit was discontinued and is (at least at the time of this writing) on closeout. A link to that closeout page will appear at the bottom of this page as long as those are still available. The close-up pics in our photo gallery were taken with the Black/Silver suits. All the features for all the colors are the same.
Note about front zipped vents/pockets: Some of the suits have hand warmer pockets on the lower front torso. On other suits, these two zips are zippered vents. These suits are a drop ship item from our distributor and we can’t absolutely confirm with version you will get if you order, but you’ll get something with your zippers!