AGV Sport Nomad Jacket (One Left, Size XL)
- Constructed of camo cotton twill fabric with extra soft and supple premium .09mm thick Buffalo Leather and four way elasticated fabric panels
- Fixed Micro Mesh Lining in the body of the jacket with silk lining in the sleeves to ensure a plush feel for the rider
- Double stitched key seam construction for maximum tear resistance
- Features a removable and washable zip in thermal insulating quilted vest liner
- Padded neoprene is used in the collar for maximum rider comfort
- Removable CE approved shoulder and elbow protectors. EN 1621-level 1
- 8mm thick memory foam back pad
- Collar & sleeve cuffs secured with gun metal finished snaps
- YKK zippers used throughout
- Front opening with #7 gun metal finished zipper and with #5 gun metal finished zippers used on cuffs & front pockets
- Interior flap under main zipper reduces wind from entering the jacket
- Velcro secured straps used for adjustment on both sides of the jacket
- Two front hand warmer pockets with zipper closures
- Three interior pockets
- Ready for Forcefield Back Insert Size 001 (optional accessory)
Please Note: We cannot ship AGV Sports products to Canada, Italy or Russia (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
W e did a size check using our Fit Test mannequins Huey and Dewey and found them to fit very well. We put a Medium on Huey. We have some shots of the jacket on our Fit Test mannequin and you can see how the jackets fit on it by taking the “View Larger Images” link above.
The jackets are sold in regular men’s “alpha” sizes, and I came up with a brief chart to show you our estimates of max chest and belly sizes for each. The overall cut is trim … I’d even call it “European”. Given the already trim cut, if you are between sizes, I’d advise choosing the larger, or if you prefer a more relaxed fit, then I’d advise one size bigger than you normally wear.
|Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
AGV Sport introduced two new styles of jacket this year that are definitely off the beaten path. This Nomad jacket is a combination of black Buffalo leather and a camo printed textile. It is very similar in physical design to the Compass jacket that I reviewed a couple weeks ago. The Compass was a leather/waxed cotton combo in brown tones.
Anyway, the styling of this jacket is the main statement and I’ll let the pictures in our photo gallery speak for themselves. Like other street sport jackets, this one has the usual set of armor… CE armor in the shoulders and elbows and a foam back pad (a thin one though). Also, it has a short rear zipper for connection to AGV Sport pants.
The jacket comes with a removable vest thermal liner for use in cooler weather. The shell, overall, is kind of light material and there is some stretch material on the sides of the torso that will flow some air. With the shell not being windproof and made of lighter materials, I’d recommend this jacket for use from warm to cool weather, but not very hot or cold weather.
Like the Compass, I find this jacket style to be interesting and unique. To me it is fashionable and a departure from the MANY other similarly styled jackets we sell. You certainly won’t “blend in” wearing this jacket. :: Paul, 05-21-15