TCX X-Ride Waterproof Boots
- Upper is constructed of microfiber with front and rear padded areas for better comfort
- Waterproof lining
- Rear reflective insert
- Malleolus and heel protection, polyurethane shift pad which is integrated into the sole of the boot
- Zipper and Velcro® closure
- Foot bed is anatomic for superior comfort and replaceable
- Touring sole with specific grip area and superior stability
- Comfort Fit System developed by TCX ensures an extremely comfortable boot, ideal for prolonged use in different situations
- CE certified
Read on for more details.
We find TCX boots to be very consistent in fit from one model to the next. We checked this boot and it too is consistent with other models. To choose a size, please click here to see the TCX size chart. The general width of TCX is “medium” or D to E. To compare to other brands you may have experience with, I’d say the overall fit is somewhere between a Sidi boot which is generally a bit more narrow and an Alpinestars boot which has a more generous width.
Our Two Cents
These X-Ride Waterproof boots are a shorter alternative for street riders. We offer many waterproof shoe/boot styles and I always caution that the height of those boots is probably going to allow water to enter through the tops, but this style, in my opinion, is tall enough to work with most riding pants or rain suit pants you’d wear with them. The internal gaiter behind the zipper (take the “View Larger Images” link above to see a pic of this) comes up just above the ankle bone and so the boots will be waterproof as long as you keep your pants down over the tops to that level or below. Overall, these boots feel heavy duty. There are integrated protectors on each side of the ankle and the shin area in front is pretty thick (although it does not include hard plastic armor). The toe box and heel counter are reinforced as you might expect. The soles are a harder compound which should wear very well, but they are thick enough to be comfortable for walking. Overall, this boot strikes me as being practical and rugged and should provide long wear and comfort. :: Paul, 02-24-14