Sidi Tour Gore-Tex Boots
- Equipped with the world famous Gore-Tex® highly breathable and waterproof membrane to add a waterproof yet highly breathable barrier between the elements and the rider’s feet
- The Gore-Tex® membrane breathes more than any other membrane, thus the rider’s feet will stay cooler in warm weather with a Gore-Tex® equipped boot
- Top grain leather construction
- Full length inner gaiter
- Rigid nylon inner sole
- Removable arch support
- Internally padded nylon shin plate
- Internal heel protection
- Internal ankle protection
- Internal toe protection
- Reflective panel above the heel and on the front of the boot
- Zipper and Velcro entry/closure system
- Bonded non-slip Sidi touring sole
- Leather toe shift/brake pads
- Internal toe shift pad with traction points
- Double stitched in all high stress areas
Please Note: We can ship Sidi products to US, US territory or APO/FPO addresses only (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Read on for more details.
Visit our Sidi Sizing Information page for complete size conversion info (ladies can use the chart at the bottom of the page). Sidi boots are very consistent for fit from one model to the next and this one is no exception. This boot fits very much like other styles in the Sidi race boot line such as the Vertigo boot. Overall width is “Medium” or “D” width.
Our Two Cents
The Sidi Tour Gore-Tex boot is Sidi’s best street waterproof boot (as of this date). The overall quality of construction is the same as with the other similar boots by Sidi (such as the Tour Rain which looks almost identical). What makes this boot “better” are the materials. This boot uses genuine Gore-Tex as the waterproof breathable liner. Gore-Tex is the premier brand-name product for waterproof/breathable barriers. Gore-Tex has standards and restrictions on the use of their products which necessitates the other big difference in this boot… use of leather rather than Lorica (Sidi’s usual pick for a man-made leather-like upper). So the combination of Gore-Tex and leather is what many people will agree makes this boot perform better with regard to the waterproofing and breathability. The use of leather makes for a boot that breaks in and conforms to your foot better than the man-made options (strictly IMHO). Like other boots of this ilk, you of course get protective inserts in all the right places: shin, sides of the ankle bones, heel and toe. The sole is reinforced for use with motorcycle pegs. The boots also have some modest night reflectivity (see the “night time” pictures by taking the “View Larger Images” link above). We’ve also got some good close-up shots of the boot’s other features and we also show the overall height. I’ve always thought you could trust Sidi to make a quality product. And that reputation combined with the premium materials results in one of the best boots available anywhere for street/sport/touring riders. :: Paul, 04-21-12