Sidi Astro Boots
- Internal thermoplastic resin ankle ball protection cups
- Nylon inner sole with removable arch support pad
- 1.7mm thick Technomicro is used as a base material
- Lined with Teflon mesh on the ankle, Cambrelle on the toe and soft mesh on the tongue and gaiter area
- Partially vented upper
- Double stitched in all high stress areas
- Sidi’s own Tecno 3 wire entry and closure system
- Velcro strap above the instep area
- Toe shift pad
- Internal ankle padding
- Durable high grip sole
- Perforated details to improve ventilation
- Internal shock absorbing heel cup
- Reflective points above the heel
Free Sidi Socks with a Boot Buy! Yep, buy this pair of boots and you’ll get a free pair of Sidi Tech Road Socks, a $24 value.
Here’s the how-to:
1) Buy the boots
2) Get the boots
3) If a keeper, email us with your order number and we’ll mail you the free socks
4) If not a keeper, set up a return... no free socks for you.
Please Note: We can ship Sidi products to US, US territory or APO/FPO addresses only (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Visit our Sidi Sizing Information page for complete size conversion info (ladies can use the chart at the bottom of the page). Sidi boots are very consistent for fit from one model to the next and this one is no exception. If you know what size fits you in other Sidi models, then choose the same size. Overall width is “Medium” or “D” width.
Our Two Cents
These new Astro boots by Sidi (formerly called the Nitro boots) are super sharp. The overall design is low profile and lightweight. They’d be ideal for sport and street riding. The sole composition is very firm and should wear well and is surprisingly stiff for the thickness and weight (which is good for bearing weight on pegs). The toe and heel areas are stiffened for some impact protection and there are internal protectors positioned over the ankle bones. The new feature I really like about this boot is the lacing system. The video from Motonation shows it off pretty well, but what I like is the fact that it is adjustable just like shoe laces (which hasn’t been obsoleted in hundreds of years), but is self contained with no pesky lace ends to cause havoc with machinery. The adjuster contains the ends of the laces internally, which is VERY neat and tidy. I found the device very quick and easy to use, and when tightened up, the boots felt very secure on my feet. The overall construction of these boots would lend themselves to spring/summer/fall use. There are several smaller panels in the boot that are perforated material that will allow a good bit of air flow. The upper material is a synthetic leather, Technomicro (functionally the same as Lorica used in other Sidi styles). I really like this design and if you are in the market for a minimalist riding shoe like this, then I think you will like them too. :: Paul, 12-22-12
Note: The Black/White color in this boot was discontinued mid02014 and we bought a closeout group of them so we could offer them on sale. If there are still boots left in that color, you’ll see a link below to that product page. :: Paul, 06-19-14