Alpinestars S-MX 2 Boots
- Low cut street riding boot
- Provides excellent flexibility and uninhibited ankle movement while retaining comprehensive foot protection
- Designed to be used with Alpinestars street knee/shin guard
- High tech microfiber upper with a low cut front and extra low Achilles cutaway
- Streamlined buckle closure with adjustable strap for a secure fit
- Inner side zipper with hook and loop flap closure for easy boot entry and exit
- Internal grip pad at base of heel
- Reinforced heel and toe guards
- Heel guard detail and toe shifter pads
- Replaceable TPU toe sliders
- Molded rubber sole with internal shank for rigidity
Read on for more details.
The overall fit/size of this new style seems “true” to their published size chart (see below), so if you are comfortable with a certain size from previous boots, then choose the same size. I’d consider the width of the men’s sizes to be normal to slightly wide (D or E).
|Euro||Men’s US||Women’s US|
Our Two Cents
The S-MX 2 boots offer a low-cut style with some added protection features not often found in short boots or shoes. The low-cut Achilles’ heel area allows flexibility at the ankle, and the soft ankle collar keeps the boot from cutting in. Personally, I am not a fan of hiking type boots because the neck of the boot bugs me, but for those of you who are used to hikers or high top tennis shoes, you shouldn’t have a problem. The ratchet closure across the instep gives the boot some fit adjustability. The molded heel offers some good impact protection and the high ankle area should provide more protection than an everyday street shoe. The boot also comes with replaceable toe sliders for the more aggressive rider. There are also toe shifter pads on the boots to prevent wearing through the top from shifting. Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good closeups of these boots and their features.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
I love my Alpinestars SMX1 boots! They fit perfeclty, although I recommend going down a bit on the sizing from what you normally wear. They are so comfortable I can wear them all day on and off the bike. (Read more...)
These boots are wonderful. Comfortable on both my bikes and offers great protection, sporty enough to evoke the race boot feel but comfortable enough for a long day. Have worn them all day with walking around, they were just what I was looking for in a boot. (Read more...)