Alpinestars ST Vented Boots - 2011
- Microfiber upper with perforated insert on instep and rear flex zones
- PU shin plate with air intakes provides ventilation
- Dual density lateral and medial ankle cups with PU ankle slider
- External PU heel counter
- Internal toe counter
- Injected high modulus polyamide midsole contours to the foot and features a high modulus plastic shank reinforcement
- Instep and Achilles flex zones offer superior comfort
- Rear reflective insert for improved visibility
- Removable anatomic footbed and multi-density EVA padding
- Alpinestars’ exclusive vulcanized rubber compound with slim sole profile
- Large adjustable Velcro® strap with an inner zip for secure closure and fit
- CE certified
Read on for more details.
The overall fit/size of this new style seems “true” to their published size chart (see below), so if you are comfortable with a certain size from previous boots, then choose the same size. I’d consider the width of the men’s sizes to be normal to slightly wide (D or E).
|Euro||Men’s US||Women’s US|
Our Two Cents
The ST Vented Boots from Alpinestars are a sport touring boot that have perforated areas to allow cooling air inside the boot. Unfortunately, I’ve found that the perforated areas actually don’t flow any air…. or let’s say very little air. How do I know? Well I gave the boot the ‘ole lip lock test. When I try to blow through the perf areas, I can only detect a very small amount of flow. The vents on the shin plate seem to work just fine. The perforations molded into the heel counter and ankle armor are completely cosmetic. Overall I like the style of the boot and the overall quality seems great. Sport bike riders will like the low profile sole and toe box for sport bike shifting. It is a great boot and I think it would work for those in “average” climates, but not for hot weather (as implied). We’ve got some really nice close-up shots of this boot you can see by taking the “View Larger Images” link above.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
I'm very pleased with Motorcycle Gear.com and these Alpinestars boots. The fit description is spot on. I wore them the first time for a full day, which included a lot of walking and they never hurt my feet. On the bike I could feel a lot of air... (Read more...)