Sidi Cobra Boots for Men and Women
- The patented and trademarked Vertebra System protects the rider’s Achilles tendon
- Thermoplastic resin ankle protection
- Bolt on (no Velcro!) replaceable, adjustable and aerodynamic nylon scuff pads on the toe
- Composite inner sole
- Removable arch support
- Nylon shin deflector plate
- Lorica outer construction
- Double stitched in all high stress areas
- All bolt on parts are replaceable
- An elastic panel adjacent to the entry zipper allows a bind free zip and improved fit
- Dual compound sole
- DuPont® polymer toe shift pad
- Perforated Teflon treated nylon lining
- Replaceable shock absorbing heel cup
- Padded Achilles area
Free Sidi Socks with a Boot Buy! Yep, buy this pair of boots and you’ll get a free pair of Sidi Tech Road Socks, a $24 value.
Here’s the how-to:
1) Buy the boots
2) Get the boots
3) If a keeper, email us with your order number and we’ll mail you the free socks
4) If not a keeper, set up a return... no free socks for you.
Please Note: We can ship Sidi products to US, US territory or APO/FPO addresses only (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
This model runs pretty true to Sidi’s size conversion chart. Visit our Sidi Sizing Information page for complete size conversion info (ladies can use the chart at the bottom of the page). The upper portion of these boots is fairly roomy and should accommodate larger calves, although there is not much adjustment available with the Velcro flap closure.
Our Two Cents
The Sidi Cobra boots combine some bold looks with actual performance that strikes a very nice balance between sport, protection, and comfort. What I like best about these boots is the external armor that wraps around from the ankle bone to the back of the calf. This piece not only gives the boots a racy look, it also has been thoughtfully designed to provide great torsional stability without sacrificing front to back flexibility. The inner ankle bone is also covered with an external armor piece, and a reinforced shift pad will keep that area looking new after miles of upshifts and downshifts. Sidi’s patented Vertebra System protects the back of the leg and Achilles tendon, and the area around the Achilles is padded as well. The Cobra boots are constructed entirely of Lorica, a fiber weave synthetic leather that Sidi has used successfully for many years. (Fun trivia fact: “Lorica” is Latin for body armor). Other armor pieces include the replaceable toe slider, a replaceable heel cup, and a molded shin plate to protect the front of your legs. While these boots have an aggressive, racy appearance, I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable they were to walk around in. These boots would be perfect for the canyon carver who likes tearing up the twisties but needs to actually be able to walk normally once off the bike (most true race boots are pretty stiff). Take a look at the pictures we took of the Cobra boots in our studio by clicking the “View Larger Images” link above.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
These boots are great. The fit is spot on. They're stiff enough to be supportive, yet still lose enough to walk around in comfortably. The build quality is excellent as well. The only issue I could see is they may nought be tight enough around the... (Read more...)